• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New laws, anyone?

and who exactly gets to decide all this and when is it decided for every citizen? and how often? and how is it paid for? and what type of incarceration will the people endure? can they ever be released from said incarceration?
It's a mental health issue, just like any other. First, there needs to be an indicator there is a problem. Second, it needs to be confirmed by mental heath experts. Third, being released would depend on successful treatment of the problem and also determined by mental health experts. Fourth, I don't care how it gets paid for and neither should you. The cost is nothing compared to a bunch of crazies screwing up everybody else's rights and freedoms.

The red flag laws won't work. The Parkland shooter had been reported to the local police, and the FBI. The police had been to the house 47 times. There could not be a stronger case to show these people cannot be stopped.
Think about what you just said. If we had real and effective red flag laws that shooting would never have happened because the guy would have already been in custody.

It's a mental health issue, just like any other. First, there needs to be an indicator there is a problem. Second, it needs to be confirmed by mental heath experts. Third, being released would depend on successful treatment of the problem and also determined by mental health experts. Fourth, I don't care how it gets paid for and neither should you. The cost is nothing compared to a bunch of crazies screwing up everybody else's rights and freedoms.

I think the issue with your first post is the word incarcerated. They would be patients and not prisoners. I think that’s what everyone is getting hung up on. I know what you’re saying.

Think about what you just said. If we had real and effective red flag laws that shooting would never have happened because the guy would have already been in custody.

True...red flag laws weren’t in effect so it’s not a good example. The only good example is the Air Force bro and he was flagged, but government agencies screwed up.

their opinion coming out of their mouth.jpg

The point is you are expecting the government to do the proper thing in a reasonable amount of time. They had advanced notice of the shooter and FAILED to stop the shooting from happening. Again, more laws are not going to stop evil people from doing evil things.

Back
Top Bottom