• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New member for about a week

When I was growing up, shortly after the earth cooled, I was taught that when you make a deal with someone, it's like a contract - you either honor it, or there is mutual dismissal, the operative word being mutual. I see the issue you had with the youngsters far too often.
A mans word is his bond in my world. I wasn't dealing with a man. I was dealing with a boy.

Joined up a week or so ago, and been overwhelmed with the marketplace; however, I've been a bit disconcerted at comments like the following:

"If new member or with to many bad reviews will probably not respond back . Sorry" Okay, bad reviews I can see, I probably wouldn't respond either, but new members ? How do new members get to be old timers that way ?? So much for that Glock . . .

And this one: "I will only sell to members of ODT with positive feedback." . . . so much for new members. Scratch that Glock, too.

Then this one: "Traders with less than +15 positive or any negative feedback are encouraged to just move along. Sorry."

What is it with those selling Glocks ?? Having said that, those with whom I have corresponded with on this site have been very polite, profession and cordial. Those folks I thank for the welcome, and I'll be glad to trade with them.
Welcome

Joined up a week or so ago, and been overwhelmed with the marketplace; however, I've been a bit disconcerted at comments like the following:

"If new member or with to many bad reviews will probably not respond back . Sorry" Okay, bad reviews I can see, I probably wouldn't respond either, but new members ? How do new members get to be old timers that way ?? So much for that Glock . . .

And this one: "I will only sell to members of ODT with positive feedback." . . . so much for new members. Scratch that Glock, too.

Then this one: "Traders with less than +15 positive or any negative feedback are encouraged to just move along. Sorry."

What is it with those selling Glocks ?? Having said that, those with whom I have corresponded with on this site have been very polite, profession and cordial. Those folks I thank for the welcome, and I'll be glad to trade with them.
You will find most people on this site are really nice folks. All of us were new once and most will readily trade with new guys. Some things I might advise would be to comment and participate in the discussion forums. When you do make a deal stick by your end. Don’t misrepresent what you are selling. Make offers only in the form of a private message to the seller. people on here love clear communication and people who show up to the transaction on time. When you make a deal give feedback and ask the other trader to do the same, some won’t, unfortunately, if not prompted and some won’t even then. I’ve probably gotten feedback from 75% of the deals I’ve done.
pricing here is all over the place, even on items readily available retail. My attitude is their stuff they can ask what they want, and just scroll on.
welcome aboard

Welcome pic_grande.jpg

Back
Top Bottom