• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New members during these chaotic and trying times...

Foxtrot Sierra

Default rank <4500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
204   0
Reaction score
So... I'll preface this by saying that I was hyper-vigilant yesterday (in particular) because our neighborhood gets pretty consistent traffic (we're a closed tucked-in area with only one road in/out), and with everything going on downtown plus social media traffic about taking protests/riots to neighborhoods and "taking it to the homes," when our next door neighbor called and let us know that a slow-driving vehicle with FL plates, blacked out windows, and a BLM sticker took a stroll through the neighborhood, I stayed up late and we kept things pretty low key and on alert.

Are people here being extra cautious with new members who are looking to deal? I worry that people may be trying to get their hands on some tools through private channels. I guess I just had a little too much time last night and on the drive in this morning to ponder the question.

Call me crazy, a few of you may call me racist (whatever), but I figured it may be a good discussion. Thanks, brothers... stay safe out there.

I wouldnt worry about it too much. As far as "taking it to homes" ive been in 3 of these protests and haven't heard anything. I'd just avoid large crowds and watching mainstream media. Haven't seen a single accurate portrayal yet

So... I'll preface this by saying that I was hyper-vigilant yesterday (in particular) because our neighborhood gets pretty consistent traffic (we're a closed tucked-in area with only one road in/out), and with everything going on downtown plus social media traffic about taking protests/riots to neighborhoods and "taking it to the homes," when our next door neighbor called and let us know that a slow-driving vehicle with FL plates, blacked out windows, and a BLM sticker took a stroll through the neighborhood, I stayed up late and we kept things pretty low key and on alert.

Are people here being extra cautious with new members who are looking to deal? I worry that people may be trying to get their hands on some tools through private channels. I guess I just had a little too much time last night and on the drive in this morning to ponder the question.

Call me crazy, a few of you may call me racist (whatever), but I figured it may be a good discussion. Thanks, brothers... stay safe out there.
Not paranoid at all. Insist on some history and positive feedback, and really look at their GA ID & CCW (my personal practice).

Forget new members, when we have current ones running silent auctions, and still be here. Thats pissining me off. "Ohh you want that Stribog Pistol with brace? Well....you ain't the highest bidder."

Then there are those.. "Text me...I want to buy it. Here is $xxx less than your asking price"

Back
Top Bottom