• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New members selling/buying/trading etiquette

On the plus side. Did a deal with a guy today with two positive feedbacks ! Been a member for two plus years. One of the nicest guys I’ve met on here. I’ve often espoused it’s not all about feedback. In PM’s you get a feel for the other guy .
Maybe it’s true what people say about me then.. I’m an unlikeable asshole?

On the plus side. Did a deal with a guy today with two positive feedbacks ! Been a member for two plus years. One of the nicest guys I’ve met on here. I’ve often espoused it’s not all about feedback. In PM’s you get a feel for the other guy .
I have a question, as a New Guy. How do you get positive feedback so that you can purchase something? Most members do not even respond to PMs. I am a stand up guy, but this is a hard gig to break into.

I have a question, as a New Guy. How do you get positive feedback so that you can purchase something? Most members do not even respond to PMs. I am a stand up guy, but this is a hard gig to break into.
I have a correction: I said “most members”. I meant from the ones I have tried to communicate with, I did not mean to imply most members as a whole.

I did a deal several months ago with a longtime member who had very little feedback, and the most recent was several years ago. Still the email and text communication was prompt and responsive, so I agreed to meet him for the sale. It went without a hitch, and he now has more recent positive feedback.

My rule is to always get a phone number and confirm the meet that day well before the scheduled meeting time. I also let them know up front that there are other buys interested in order to create a sense of urgency and commitment.

Back
Top Bottom