• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Rules Preview

People can bump their own sale/trade threads twice a day, and that's OK?
Only more than 2X daily is excessive?

I'd say once every 2 days should be the limit on bumps (without any new info, another pic, etc.)

Here, here.

Seriously, and I mean seriously, the rapid re-listing of guns (and other stuff) that haven't sold is months is really, really impacting the utility of the ads. I like to look at revolvers, and of the current top 20, probably over half are "frequent flyers."

FWIW, I'd also like to see the asking price made part of the listing heading.

That would make a lot of sense. I've had one for years that was never justified as no firm date and time was ever set. I do like the new rule time "range" and date.
I don't agree.

The mods will remove any undeserved negative feedback now. All you have to do is contest it, have the PM's to back you up, and do it within 30 days.

Positive feedbacks don't expire and neither should negative ones. Especially negative ones.

Reactions: MRH
People can bump their own sale/trade threads twice a day, and that's OK?
Only more than 2X daily is excessive?

I'd say once every 2 days should be the limit on bumps (without any new info, another pic, etc.)

Here, here.

Seriously, and I mean seriously, the rapid re-listing of guns (and other stuff) that haven't sold is months is really, really impacting the utility of the ads. I like to look at revolvers, and of the current top 20, probably over half are "frequent flyers."

FWIW, I'd also like to see the asking price made part of the listing heading.

It was left at twice a day on bumps. For clarity though that rule refers to bumping your ad which just brings it back up in the feed and in the what's new tab, not relisting the ad which brings it back the top of the section. Relists still limited to every 72 hours.

It was left at twice a day on bumps. For clarity though that rule refers to bumping your ad which just brings it back up in the feed and in the what's new tab, not relisting the ad which brings it back the top of the section. Relists still limited to every 72 hours.

Can you elaborate on this for us computer illiterates?

I don't know about "bumps" but there are some ads going to the head of the line (first one up) twice a day.

Can you elaborate on this for us computer illiterates?

I don't know about "bumps" but there are some ads going to the head of the line (first one up) twice a day.

The "What's New" tab at the top left will show you any threads with posts made since the last time you looked at it. If you bump a thread by posting in it, it will show up there. So a thread will show up in Whats New when a new post is made in it, but if you actually go to the thread it wont be on the first page. The classifieds sections are ordered by thread start date, regardless of when the last post in it was made. Relisting a thread puts it back at the beginning of whatever classifieds section it's in. There aren't ads being relisted twice a day. They're just being bumped.

Back
Top Bottom