• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Shot Show S***

Yes... And from what the rep said in one of the videos I saw, he doesnt think a 9mm version could work...

I know, right? A single stack 9mm? Who could make that!
i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_d1b564addc7d0835a18a8fdd7ea42f5c_zps691e8e8d.jpg

That's not what I read... I think you should re-read what they actually said.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/01/foghorn/hands-remington-r51/#more-287519

Where in there do they say, "hey, this R51 is a piece of crap!"?

If you can't dry fire it, then you probably can't live fire it either. From the article:

The slide feels… strange. The recoil system is to blame for this one, but it’s just slightly annoying for someone who has been used to the smooth slide motion on other handguns.

The last issue is probably the biggest: I couldn’t reliably dry fire the thing. When I went to rack the slide, the gun would occasionally not return to battery. It might be indicative of a reliability issue, or it could just be a byproduct of having the firing pins removed for the show. I can’t tell because, as I said, they haven’t let us shoot it yet.

If you can't dry fire it, then you probably can't live fire it either. From the article:

The slide feels… strange. The recoil system is to blame for this one, but it’s just slightly annoying for someone who has been used to the smooth slide motion on other handguns.

The last issue is probably the biggest: I couldn’t reliably dry fire the thing. When I went to rack the slide, the gun would occasionally not return to battery. It might be indicative of a reliability issue, or it could just be a byproduct of having the firing pins removed for the show. I can’t tell because, as I said, they haven’t let us shoot it yet.

Common sense dude. Firing pins were removed. A Glock wouldn't dry fire without the striker either...

It would likely feel weird since very few guns use action that this uses which has two different points of tension.

Back
Top Bottom