• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Tacomas are out

It's about the size of a 1st generation RC / AC Tundra... this tells me that the new STOUT will be about the size of an older smaller Tacoma
Is the Stout really going to happen?

How does Toyota keep making the Tacoma bigger on the outside and smaller in the inside? Always feel claustrophobic in the few I've been in.

Is the Stout really going to happen?

How does Toyota keep making the Tacoma bigger on the outside and smaller in the inside? Always feel claustrophobic in the few I've been in.
Yes, the Stout is going to happen... I am interested in the Hybrid version, but I would want a regular or extra cab long bed. My mom drives an '05 PreRunner V6 Tacoma, it's a very nice truck that she loves but it is claustrophobic for me.

I’m going to be due for a new truck very soon. I daily drive a ‘02 Tacoma Prerunner double cab (bought it new in ‘02). It has been fantastic, but asking a 21 year old truck with 270k miles to be a daily driver is a tall ask.

I guess I’m old school. Turbo charged 4 cylinder engines concern me greatly.

I'd say....non turbo diesels always have had a much higher compression ratio (22:1), making a thick rigid iron block a must to withstand the pressures.

Adding a turbo makes it even harder on the engine, so that's why the manufacturers dial back the compression ratio a bit. The new Cummins 6.7L are in the range of 16:1 or 19.1.

I couldn't agree more. When you add boost at pressures they are to make the numbers look better, you have to lower compression. Prime example on why aluminum motors can't handle the pressure.

Back in the day, any vehicle that had a turbo had an iron block. The L18 is a perfect motor for boost even at 760lb.

Back
Top Bottom