• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Tacomas are out

For me the new Tacoma is ugly and I'm not a fan of 4 cylinder turbos.

The new Colorado is okay, but they dropped everything but a short bed 4 door. Plus it no longer has a V6 option and they are blacked-out off road trim only.

The upcoming '24 Ranger will offer a 2.7 V6 turbo and a club cab. Don't know if a longer bed will be offered later, but if so I'd say it would be a good idea as it will be an exclusive feature.

It's not bad looking, but I have zero interest in the new 4 cylinder/turbo.

It's more evidence - if you want a good truck, buy the nicest 2005 or older year model truck you can find (whatever your favorite brand). Fix whatever it needs, and and maintain it for the long haul.

Reactions: GFB
You can’t expect an aluminum block engine to handle the cylinder pressure of forced induction. That’s why Kia, Hyundai and Ford turbo motors are failing. Back in the day all turbo motors had a cast iron block. That’s why all of the turbo diesel’s have iron blocks.

Basically they’re building throw away vehicles nowadays. Nothing is meant to last.
My Detroit DD15 block is not cast iron. 894k

It's not bad looking, but I have zero interest in the new 4 cylinder/turbo.

It's more evidence - if you want a good truck, buy the nicest 2005 or older year model truck you can find (whatever your favorite brand). Fix whatever it needs, and and maintain it for the long haul.
Consumer Reports gave the 2014 Tacoma a terrible review in large part, they said, because it was a 10 year old design. Their negative criticism was a huge positive for me though and I bought one in large part because of it.

I don’t mind saying I really like it. I’ve owned 3 Tacomas and they are great trucks. The 4WD in those things is ridiculous. Not sure yet about the 4 cyl turbo, but if anyone can get it right, it’s Toyota.

I don’t mind saying I really like it. I’ve owned 3 Tacomas and they are great trucks. The 4WD in those things is ridiculous. Not sure yet about the 4 cyl turbo, but if anyone can get it right, it’s Toyota.
I have owned 3 as well. Hey, it’s like we know each other or something. 😂

My last one was a 2002 TRD Limited w/The supercharger 3.4 V6 - was a daily driver AND DEER DOGGING truck for 10 years. The 4WD was insane and the truck would cruise at 107mph on I-20 going up the Oconee Hill. I sold it with 323k miles on it and it drove and ran like brand new.

Back
Top Bottom