• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New to me AR's

The Colt is good solid parts, that lacks a bit in the assembly process, but tend to run exceedingly well. Nothing special to them, they’re all over the place, and easy to find.

I‘d set the Colt up for personal use and hang onto it. Sell the Bushmaster, and use the funds to outfit the Colt. Optic, light, and sling. Personally, I’d ditch the quad rail system for something longer, smaller diameter, and MLOK, but what’s on there will work. Wouldn’t be my top priority.

I agree to some extent. I say use the Bushy for both and keep the Colt in unfired new condition. Those bushy rifles with a few upgrades can make good dependable rifles. They are no Daniel Defense rifles but I have a 2004 that has been running without fail for 13 years. It hadn't been fired till then. If they weren't worth a damn then a lot of law enforcement agencies wouldn't be using them. I believe they have Chrome lined barrels so they will last virtually longer than you will. That Colt in new condition will be worth a mint someday. One thing is for sure AR-15 guns are selling for next to nothing now. Bad time to sell for sure. I would hang on to them for dear life.
Thanks, they are both new in box. The colt is mother in laws technically but she may hold on to it. I listed it for 1100.00 just to see

Thanks, they are both new in box. The colt is mother in laws technically but she may hold on to it. I listed it for 1100.00 just to see
Please, please, please don't try and sell those guns right now. You can buy a brand new Colt for under a grand all day long right now if you look around and do some diligent shopping. Just a while back you can buy one without a handguard and a stock for 800 bucks. Then you just put your own furniture on it. Bud's Gun Shop sells all guns fairly cheap so it's a good indicator of what the guns worth on the pre-owned market. That's my go to site to find out what things are selling for. I have found that they are generally the cheapest prices you can find without something just going on a ridiculous sale. You can even buy Aero Precision complete uppers and lowers much much cheaper than you can buy them off the Aero Precision site. I know you probably want to sell them to try to get some money but right now is the absolute worst time to buy one. The market is so bad Bushmaster is gone out of business AKA Wyndham weaponry. Most of the gun stores that I go in have boo coodles of AR's on the shelves at very good prices. Good prices is a good thing if you're buying one, a bad thing if you're trying to sell one. And whatever you do, do not go by our classifieds to price your gun. All that's going to do is make you look like a total idiot. Don't take that personally it's just common knowledge on here.

Be patient! There will come a time here in the very near future that those guns will go up and then you'll wish you would have held on to it for just a little bit longer so bad it'll make you want to kick yourself in the teeth. Trust me on this! 🙏

The main reason why I say this is because when a crisis hits and AR-15's spikes in cost, the colts are the first to go and generally the most sought after. And they bring big money when they do get scarce.

I don't do a lot of shooting with my Bushmaster. It was one of the last made before Bushmaster was sold by the original founders. It's also a fixed carry handle model. Now that Bushmaster has gone out of business it might be that those guns ( ones made by the original founders ) may go up in value one day. Of course you can never forecast this kind of thing but I'm not going to take the chance. I'm just going to put it away and not shoot it anymore. In fact I'm always on the hunt for a fixed handle early model Bushmaster that someone has for sale and a halfway decent price.

Back
Top Bottom