• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New traders

mjfrawg

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
266   1
Reaction score
How do you figure out which new traders to do business with , I've been ghosted a time or two lately, had a couple no shows , with lame excuses . How do we know who to trust and give a chance to ?

Had several the last couple weeks, I agree, no feedback, no posting in the forums, dont respond to pms you sent them back. I'm just gonna treat them all the same way from here on out. I know we all started from scratch here, but you can read between the lines without a lot of these guys. If it means I may miss a quick sale or two, oh well.

People with 15-20+ positive feedback, more than 100 posts, lifetime supporter badge and when the account was created. Avoid people with more than 1 negative feedback per 150 transactions. You can usually tell how the PM's go how the whole transaction will go. If the PM's get really flakey and long between PM's 99.99% time that transaction is going down hill so best to avoid and move on. If you get it settled in a reasonable number of PM's also is a close. Don't go back and forth 50 times. Either people want to make a deal or they don't.

For example K killerv here, has good feedback (15), joined in 2014, and lots of posts/interactions with the community. I have never talked to this this person, but I would guess he is good to go.

That is my logic anyway...........

Now with that being said, and the high prices the site is not what she used to be.

I assume many of the "new" people here who seek to buy guns are not actually new people but members who have been banned or who have negative feedback they're ashamed of.

Members who create a new accounts or maybe they think this is a way of maintaining their anonymity so nobody can trace their buy - sell - trade activity to their "other screen name" under which they post some personal information that could be used to identify them.

New traders, make em do all the driving until they are trusted.
As far as ghosting, that's always gonna be a thing.
I know guys that's been here since the beginning with perfect feedback that ghost constantly.
I guess they are just bored with their **** life and nothing else to do but waste time.
Several are famous for commenting "I'll take it" or even private message you with "I'll take it" then crickets.

Back
Top Bottom