• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New treestand placed

rbstern

Hen of Fame Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
115   0
Reaction score
Picked up this treestand on an after season clearance deal a couple of years ago. Finally got around to assembling and placing it.

Put it near the top of a ridge, facing downhill, alongside our power line easement. The man I bought the property from in 2011 had a stand placed similarly, and said it was a productive location. I've watched deer scamper across the easement more times than I can count. Should be a fun place to sit in the mornings.

I find myself really looking forward to opening day.

treestand.png

straight ahead.png

easement.png

I got a ground blind set up yesterday as well. It on our new property. This season will be the first time that I’ve been able to hunt my own land. I’m looking forward to it! I’m heading out later this afternoon to clear a spot for another stand as well.
Congrats on getting your own place! Best of luck this upcoming season.

Congrats on getting your own place! Best of luck this upcoming season.
Thank you sir! I got pictures of a nice 10 point last year. Talking with the neighbors there's nobody that lives near me that hunts. All the other neighbors have 10-20 acre tracts and the 8 acres we bought backs up to 150 acres. When I put out a bag of corn I have hoards of deer show up that clean out a 50 lb bag in 24 hours. I'm feeling optimistic about this season.

Good luck on that new stand.

I’ve got three stands I need to locate this weekend.
One of my ladders won the lottery a couple weeks ago as it was attached to one side of a large crotched white oak.
The last wind storm we had took out the other tree on the crotch , spared my ladder and presented me with a cord of awesome firewood in the process.
I’m moving it to a spot where I created some natural funnels and I can look over a giant pile of deadfall at a five way trail….I’m excited to work this new spot.

Back
Top Bottom