• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Vortex Razor Gen 3 6-36

Got it in this morning and have been finger banging it for the better part of the day. Overall, I'm extremely impressed. Glass is excellent. Great resolution, color is very "true." Not overly cool like you see on Japanese glass. Turrets are a bit stiff, but not bad. Wish they kept the old turret milling, but the milling doesn't bother me. Clicks are precise and pretty crisp.

As far as glass, I'd put it above the gen2 razor, xtr 3, atacr, nx8, etc, and a bit below the pmii, tt and zco. Pretty impressive for the price point. No issues with chromatic aberration from what I've seen thus far playing in bright sunlight.

Time will tell on reliability and tracking, but the gen 2 razor is extremely solid in those respects, so would assume that trend to continue.

Retical is good. Mfg's start a balancing act with the 6x mag ranges. I'd say the reticle is a bit thin on the low end, but about right throughout the remainder of the mag range, and not too thick at 36x.

Good eyebox. Bit touchy at 36x, but not bad, and besides, I'd be prone, stable, and not moving that high up, so should not be an issue.

Parallax down the 10 yards, so it found a home on one of my rimfires.

Lset+ turrets are slick.

Attachments

• 20220124_123708.jpg
    20220124_123708.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 20
Got it in this morning and have been finger banging it for the better part of the day. Overall, I'm extremely impressed. Glass is excellent. Great resolution, color is very "true." Not overly cool like you see on Japanese glass. Turrets are a bit stiff, but not bad. Wish they kept the old turret milling, but the milling doesn't bother me. Clicks are precise and pretty crisp.

As far as glass, I'd put it above the gen2 razor, xtr 3, atacr, nx8, etc, and a bit below the pmii, tt and zco. Pretty impressive for the price point. No issues with chromatic aberration from what I've seen thus far playing in bright sunlight.

Time will tell on reliability and tracking, but the gen 2 razor is extremely solid in those respects, so would assume that trend to continue.

Retical is good. Mfg's start a balancing act with the 6x mag ranges. I'd say the reticle is a bit thin on the low end, but about right throughout the remainder of the mag range, and not too thick at 36x.

Good eyebox. Bit touchy at 36x, but not bad, and besides, I'd be prone, stable, and not moving that high up, so should not be an issue.

Lset+ turrets are slick.
I got to check one out this weekend. The thing that impressed me the most was the FOV. Great choice for anyone needing a new optic.

Lset+ turrets are slick.
What the hell you doing with all that coin sitting atop a non-RRS ball head?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom