• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Next Deer season is gonna be a cluster ****!!!

This link says nothing about what the OP is stating. It is the normal licensing/harvest record we have in place.

No way this will happen. DNR can be really stupid (taking away physical tags and outsourcing our licenses to Missouri) but I cannot fathom how this would even be possible.
Well the last time I hunted deer nothing like this even existed. Lost a very good friend of mine in a hunting accident in late 80's and haven't hunted since. Guess I'll not reply on any future hunting threads.

Well the last time I hunted deer nothing like this even existed. Lost a very good friend of mine in a hunting accident in late 80's and haven't hunted since. Guess I'll not reply on any future hunting threads.

??Where did we take a wrong turn??
The old tag system worked fine back then, I thought. Those tags would have been much more difficult to reproduce, unlike the current harvest record that can be printed over and over. DNR doesn't even have a record of kills, which is fine by me, but it makes it much easier (no physical tags) for illegal hunters to take all they want unchecked.
Sorry about your friend.

My cousin got shot through the throat by a bowhunter.Killed him quick.

My cousin got shot through the throat by a bowhunter.Killed him quick.
That's awful man sorry to hear that! My friend was hunting with his brother when he got to his stand that afternoon, his brother was waiting on the ground to make sure he got in his stand okay. As my friend got about halfway up the tree his brother said two coyotes charged at him from the brush. Scared he tried climbing up the tree while holding his lever action 30-30, evidently he had his finger on the trigger and has he climbed up behind his brother the gun went off hitting my friend in the back of the head killing him instantly. It was the first time the two of them hunted together and he only went with him because I had something come up.. Just never wanted to hunt anymore after that.

It's an absolutely asinine decision, and it will change nothing other than to create another worthless level of government bureaucracy while putting another burden on hunters.

Be careful brother. I live in 30068 and would only use a cross bow or bow to take deer around here.
Me too - a bow or whisper quiet suppressed but even then there will be someone who will notice and call the po po. As for a gunshot forget it - SWAT, FBI, Homeland Security, state and local cops - loss of your CCW rights would be the least of your worries I'm guessing :eek2:.

Back
Top Bottom