• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Next Deer season is gonna be a cluster ****!!!

I didn't say dnr was changing it. He just passed on some info
My point is he can't know unless he has assurances from every rep and senator. It was a very contentious issue and has proven to REDUCE harvests where implemented. I'm not even aware of any pending legislation. I'm NOT doubting he told you that. I'm just relaying the reality of making that change. DNR has a lot less authority to make changes than people realize. They can't even change deer limits.

Last edited:
I am very active in the Ga Hunting and Fishing Federation And I have not heard of this. We (GHFF) are the ones that got Baiting Legal in Southern Zone. There was no interest in it for the Northern Zone so it did not pass. If you are not a member and you hunt, you need to join. Very good group.

If they're concerned about tracking deer numbers, then setup an automated system online and have people submit their record at the end of the season. A simple email reminder will take care of that. Or for the typical BS government excuse that "poor people don't have online access," then let those unfortunate and nonexistent "poor people" do it by phone at the end of the season. Tons of people will forget over a 72 hour period, and it's an onerous requirement to do it each time anyway.

Or if they are TRULY concerned about the number of deer, then lower the current doe limit and do something that will actually make a difference.

But once again we're looking at typical government bureaucracy that is inefficient, costs too much, and will be replaced in a few years because these people have 0 clue as to what they're doing. NEVER in the history of government has adding additional burdens on people resulted in something better coming out of it.

Or if they are TRULY concerned about the number of deer, then lower the current doe limit and do something that will actually make a difference.

The car insurance companies make fat donations to the legislators that set the limits on deer. They are purposely trying to get the population down to reduce deer/car collisions.

Back
Top Bottom