• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Next Deer season is gonna be a cluster ****!!!

The car insurance companies make fat donations to the legislators that set the limits on deer. They are purposely trying to get the population down to reduce deer/car collisions.

Yes I've heard that for years, and if that is truly the case, and they have that much influence, then that makes this new requirement all the more useless because what difference will it ever make???

But either way you look at it, it's just further proof that more government is NEVER the answer.

Just read that the processors will have to take this harvest number when you bring your deer by law. Sometimes I take mine to the processors out of laziness but this will just be more motivation to do my own.

This is actually really good. They have done it for years in other states. It only takes a few seconds and cuts down on illegal harvesting of animals. If you hunt legally now only inconveniences less than a minute. If you hunt illegally...
How does it cut down on illegal harvesting? Please explain

Typical Georgia hunter: "Wannnnhhhhh there's not more deer! The limit is too high."
WRD: "The limit is not too high based on our harvest estimates."
Hunter: "B.S. you have no idea what the harvest is! We can print as many harvest records as we want and half the people don't record them anyway."
WRD: "We do surveys that are accurate to within 1%. We know the rate."
Hunter. "B.S., I've never been called for one of your surveys and Billy Bob down the road shoots 12 every year. At least mandate recording the harvest into a database so you can have some hard data. Stop wasting money on surveys."
WRD: "OK fine. We'll use tele-check which has been proven successful in other states. Just get it called in anytime from immediately to three days later."
Hunter: "...... Ain't nobody got time fo dat!"

Last edited:
Typical Georgia hunter: "Wannnnhhhhh there's not more deer! The limit is too high."
WRD: "The limit is not to high based on our harvest estimates."
Hunter: "B.S. you have no idea what the harvest is! We can print as many harvest records as we want and half the people don't record them anyway."
Hunter. "B.S., I've never been called for one of your surveys and Billy Bob down the road shoots 12 every year. At least mandate recording the harvest into a database so you can have some hard data. Stop wasting money on surveys."
WRD: "OK fine. We'll use tele-check which has been proven successful in other states. Just get it called in anytime from immediately to three days later."
The typical hunter and the DNR can both kiss my ass.

WRD: "The limit is not too high based on our harvest estimates."
Or they could just ask you how your previous season was when you renew your license every year.

Simple enough solution, and wouldnt bother me anyway.

Or they could just ask you how your previous season was when you renew your license every year.

Simple enough solution, and wouldnt bother me anyway.

Exactly. Report it all at the end of the year and be done with it. If there is a problem with the herd, then manage the limits, not the reporting. And individual hunters spread out around the state and whining about deer numbers, does not a scientific study make. But here we have typical useless government bureaucracy that will solve nothing.

Back
Top Bottom