• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Next Deer season is gonna be a cluster ****!!!

Exactly. Report it all at the end of the year and be done with it. If there is a problem with the herd, then manage the limits, not the reporting. And individual hunters spread out around the state and whining about deer numbers, does not a scientific study make. But here we have typical useless government bureaucracy that will solve nothing.
Agreed. There will probably be more home processing equipment sold next season, since you have 72 hours to call, and a processor wont be able to take the deer without the id number.

Exactly. Report it all at the end of the year and be done with it. If there is a problem with the herd, then manage the limits, not the reporting. And individual hunters spread out around the state and whining about deer numbers, does not a scientific study make. But here we have typical useless government bureaucracy that will solve nothing.
Most of those complaining about numbers have just pressured the deer in their area to the point they've gone nocturnal. Or they're hunting a area that just doesn't have many resources for deer and no hunting regs will help that. The either sex days are stupid as hell too.

Most of those complaining about numbers have just pressured the deer in their area to the point they've gone nocturnal. Or they're hunting a area that just doesn't have many resources for deer and no hunting regs will help that. The either sex days are stupid as hell too.
Agreed. People who dont have property of their own, are too cheap to lease any decent property, and hunt family owned land with 3 trees on it and kill every deer they see, leaving nothing on land that had almost nothing to begin with because there is nothing there to interest deer.

And then people think you can just go anywhere, throw a bucket of corn, and sit back and wait without ever putting the leg work to read sign and hang stands in good places. You know, same people who never go into the woods and just hunt the edges of fields all season.

Agreed. There will probably be more home processing equipment sold next season, since you have 72 hours to call, and a processor wont be able to take the deer without the id number.

Smells like an investment opportunity. Or... is that the smell of a lot of carcases rotting along the side of the road?

Still a little confused by it all. I dont deer hunt but my property in south Ga has plenty of trophy buck/doe traveling through I have seen consistantly. I will not pass up the "bacon" as that is what means more to me in the cooler anyway

This is exactly right. I have monster bucks on my property every year and plenty of deer in general. I usually take 2 deer each year.

Deer is the primary meat I eat throughout the year, and I completely understand people taking additional numbers to feed themselves and their family. But anyone complaining about not seeing deer fits into the areas FA described above.

If we have a deer numbers problem overall in GA, then reduce the doe limit, which I personally think is too high anyway. Either way though this change in reporting only adds burdens on hunters and will do nothing to solve a POSSIBLE problem.

This is actually really good. They have done it for years in other states. It only takes a few seconds and cuts down on illegal harvesting of animals. If you hunt legally now only inconveniences less than a minute. If you hunt illegally...
No.....it's not.

Back
Top Bottom