• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NFA Trust

I think he's saying that IF you chose to buy your first NFA item(s) as an individual, but LATER you learn about how a Trust is better for your circumstances, the only way to move your stuff into your newly-created trust is by a TAX-PAID transfer. Another Form 4, and another $200 tax, for each item you change from individual ownership to being owned by your Trust.

Personally, I say the Trust route isn't for everybody. Its only real benefit these days is shared possession among multiple persons who don't live together and don't always go to the range together.

^^This. Buy once, cry once. Having to pay $200 for 10 items is $2,000 on fees, on what you already spent $2,000 on in the beginning. To xfer to a trust doesn't make $$ sense to me. You can ALWAYS add and subtract RP's and bene's at ANY time.

^^This. Buy once, cry once. Having to pay $200 for 10 items is $2,000 on fees, on what you already spent $2,000 on in the beginning. To xfer to a trust doesn't make $$ sense to me. You can ALWAYS add and subtract RP's and bene's at ANY time.
And you can add me to your trust, and we can hang out. It’s a win win. Don’t you want to hang out?

Back
Top Bottom