• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nicest bottle of Whisky or Whiskey

I had a shot of Johnny Walker Blue? Label at a party years ago - Wow... That was amazing and smooth.

I bought a bottle of Hennessey Brady years ago and that crap was not fit to strip paint. Total waste of $50.00.

I know very little about these and I am too cheap to spend hundreds of dollars on a bottle I may hate.

Some of the collection..... Of those, Auchentoshan three wood is my favorite! The Jura's not far behind. Although my current favorite is Tobermory 15. Really into the sherry cask whisky right now.
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_11_20_7142b4b0e5dd7a88bbe576a685695721.jpg

I know, I know, as the lyrics of an old song so aptly states:
"Younger women, faster horses, older whiskey, more money"
are the badges of success ... but if you are just a regular guy then... ?

I'm an older member here and have sampled a lot of good and bad strong drink over several decades.
Being in sales, and sales management, a lot of the cost of "entertaining" was also picked up by my employer!
That said; I'm somewhat amazed at the phenomenon of "If it costs more, it has to be better!" attitude
that marketers have instilled as a necessity-of-life into our society this past decade or two!
This (amazement) also seems to go hand-in-hand with the repeated election and re-election of nincompoops like
we have running and ruining our way of life here in this wonderful country ...!
Yes, we have "the very best politicians that money can buy" ... Is that a good thing?
I don't think so! Nor do I think that the more costly beverage is necessarily the best either!

Famous Grouse regular label is an excellent, affordable every day drink of Scotch Whiskey (Normally LT $30 per 1.5 liter)
Their Black Label is also good, but (IMHO) not worth double the price!. I drink (and prefer)
Vodkas that have been distilled at least 4-5 times ... Normally LT $16 per 1.5 liter.
Hey, it's alcohol ... Great in Martinis ... if I want to add taste, I can do so without anyone else's help!

My 2 Cents Worth ...

My parting words as we go into this season of festivities: Life is precious, be safe as well as responsible.
Drink what you like: Enjoy whatever beverage you like, but do so responsibility;
don't handle firearms or drive during or after such enjoyment!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom