• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nicest bottle of Whisky or Whiskey

OMG! That is RUM! Not whiskey or bourbon! WTH is this thread about? ;)

Hey, if you have to spend $300 on a bottle to get something that tastes better than kerosene, I will stick with RUM... :)

I am a Pirate at heart anyway...

185260-pirates-of-the-caribbean-captain-jack-sparrow.jpg

OK, I went to the local bottle shop and bought several different bottles of Whiskey, Scotch & Bourbon. I am still not impressed at all with the ones I have tried.

Woodford Reserve - Kentucky Straight Bourbon... Very harsh
Maker's Mark - Kentucky Straight Bourbon... Better but still Very harsh
Knob Creek - Kentucky Straight Bourbon... Better but still harsh

Colorado Tin Cup - American Whiskey... Haven't tried yet

Glenmorangie - Scotch Whiskey sampler - I have tried two of them and they are pretty rough...

Liqour.jpg

OK, I went to the local bottle shop and bought several different bottles of Whiskey, Scotch & Bourbon. I am still not impressed at all with the ones I have tried.

Glenmorangie - Scotch Whiskey sampler - I have tried two of them and they are pretty rough...

View attachment 327422
Just get single barrel Jack Daniels if you are looking for good smooth whiskey! I agree I don't like any of those.

I don't know about nicest but I grabbed a bottle of Eagle Rare Single Barrel.

It's a very solid bourbon for $30-$35. Almost a little too smooth, not as much vanilla or oak compared to some others in the same price range, (Elmer, and Four Roses Single Barrel) but still very good.

View attachment 327422

Sounds like you just aren't a whisky drinker. I've never heard anyone describe Woodford as "harsh". What are you tasting? What's offputting about it? Same with the Glenmorarangie. At least one of those should be excellent.

Back
Top Bottom