Nightforce SHV vs Vortex PST FFP scopes

sinwagon71

Default rank <3000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
136   0
Reaction score
Has any one had any experience comparing the Nightforce SHV line to the Vortex PST FFP line of scopes. Wanting to put a scope on my 338 Lapua in the interim until i can get the ATACR nightforce

The NF SHV is the better optic for comparably more money.

Bette glass and coatings.

More robust overall design.

The NF has a ZeroSet feature the VVPST lacks.

I like the VVPST line very much for the $, but it still ain't quite the scope the NF's are, even the SHV.

I've owned several VVPST's, and I see them in the hands of my students in every single class. I own numerous NF's, including 3 ATACR's and a BEAST.

I have a had a couple of the Nightforce NXS line and love them I am just looking for something that wont break the bank to do some load work up until i am ready to take the plunge on the ATACR F1 with the horus reticle. For the cost I am leaning nightforce just thought i might save couple hundred by going vortex

There is also the new SHV F1 with mil adjustments. If you're just looking for a place holder the NF should hold its value well when you go to sell it.

The new SHV is:

FFP

5mil or 10MOA per revolution (MIL-R or MOAR reticles only)

Capped windage knob

ZeroSet

Illuminated

MSRP $1290.

The new SHV is:

FFP

5mil or 10MOA per revolution (MIL-R or MOAR reticles only)

Capped windage knob

ZeroSet

Illuminated

MSRP $1290.
May try to pick one up for my .22 so I can move the 2.5-10x42 over to something else. That is still one of my favorite Nightforce scopes

They're a good one! I've got a NF NXS Compact 2.5-10x32mm and recently ordered a 2.5-10x24mm. No idea what I'm putting the new one.....just always wanted one!

The 2.5-10x32mm will probably go on my daughter's deer rifle; DRD Tactical CDR-15 in .300Blk.

My SCAR 17s trashed a vortex viper in 39 rounds. I'm liking the NF NXS 1-4x with the cross-hair (HRD I think) reticle. Anyone know if this one will stand up to the unusual recoil of a SCAR.

Back
Top Bottom