• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No Love For The 38 Special

Due to work restrictions, concealment is important. So 5 rounds of Gold Dot +P will have to do the trick. At home it's a shotgun. When I get to choose, its usually a 9mm just because I have a better selection in 9. If Sig would do a 225 or 229 type pistol in 10mm, That would be my EDC.
20170707_212121.jpg

What would you all recommend for a self-defense round in 38? Non +P....

First im not a professional gun guy of any sort but, I have stayed at a Holiday Inn before.

That said, Id look for the highest fps in a full metal jacket. Same advice id give for a .380. You dont want the bullet to expand because it will slow down and may not reach a vital part. Im even iffy on hollowpoint +p 38 but, its a belly gun and 4-5 in the torso at near point blank range "should" change most peoples mind.

Yayyy my vintage Rossi .38 shipped this morning from PA. Jeeeeeeeeeze I mailed that dude my money order 9 days ago. He's got a freaking LIST of rules "this will cause a 4-6 day delay, not putting the auction number in the subject line of the FFLs forwarded license will result in a delay, call only on Thursday and Saturday after 11 before 3 or a delay"
....now I remember why I ran from auction sites....private purchase today at Burger King took 5 minutes and met a great guy.

BUT.....she's in the mail now so alls well ends well. I WAS gonna destroy his feedback, now I just wanna shoot the damn gun.

Yayyy my vintage Rossi .38 shipped this morning from PA. Jeeeeeeeeeze I mailed that dude my money order 9 days ago. He's got a freaking LIST of rules "this will cause a 4-6 day delay, not putting the auction number in the subject line of the FFLs forwarded license will result in a delay, call only on Thursday and Saturday after 11 before 3 or a delay"
....now I remember why I ran from auction sites....private purchase today at Burger King took 5 minutes and met a great guy.

BUT.....she's in the mail now so alls well ends well. I WAS gonna destroy his feedback, now I just wanna shoot the damn gun.
You sure did meet a great guy,one of the best around.

Back
Top Bottom