• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No Scammers

I guess I didnt realize how big of a problem they have become, ive seen a few but it always seems so obvious I dont see how anyone could fall for it.
I dont think there is anything else you can do to help people.
I would be interested to know if this is more of a nuisance for the site mods or if people are actually being scammed. To me it’s more of a “**** these guys, let’s keep them out.”

I guess I didnt realize how big of a problem they have become, ive seen a few but it always seems so obvious I dont see how anyone could fall for it.
I dont think there is anything else you can do to help people.
This is my thinking right here^^^

We have had a few very creative scammers, but the vast majority just do the same old tired scams. And people fall for it for one reason alone… Greed.
When someone thinks they are getting a smoking deal, they ignore their instincts.

I would be interested to know if this is more of a nuisance for the site mods or if people are actually being scammed. To me it’s more of a “**** these guys, let’s keep them out.”
You would be surprised how much time we spend trying to ferret them out.

Both. As obvious as most of them really are, there have been a few people fall for them. Thing is, you stop 100% of them if users won't send unsecured funds - cashapp, venmo, paypal f&f - to a seller, or at the very least to a seller they don't know personally. If you don't send them money, you can't possibly get screwed. It's really pretty simple.

Yes, people have been scammed. And I suspect we don't hear about all of them. People reporting suspected scams with as much detail as possible is a BIG help. And THANKS to those that do! You very likely will save someone from getting taken. Reporting a fake ad that stole pictures from another site with a link to the other ad(s) allows us to nuke them almost immediately as one example. Reporting an ad and just saying "scam" with zero explanation doesn't really give us much to go on. Yes some are obvious, but not all. So it helps us react much quicker if we have some reasoning to look into.
"It takes a village to skin a scammer" or something like that.
I hate scammers....

Unfortunately we also have legitimate ads reported as scams and we loose a new member offering decent deals. That’s why we enforce the no call out rule, and ask that everyone just report the ad, with detail, so we can look deeper.

Seriously, yall have Flipped! At least the one trying to add more rules because they're just plain too dang lazy to do their due diligence! Yall should send your mancard b13 for 1 month grounding!

Exactly.

Don't post personal data publicly.
Communicate via pm.
Deal face to face unless you want to take the risks associated.
If it's too good to be true it probably is.

Back
Top Bottom