• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No Scammers

Ken there will always be scammers, it’s up to the buyer to sort them out!..been plenty of times on this site, when I was right in the middle of making a meet time and place, and the seller just quit responding?..ghost…couple of days later, they show back up with some kind of sob story about an ex, or something..in my opinion if your a flake, your no different than a scammer, as the saying goes (buyer beware)

When someone thinks they are getting a smoking deal, they ignore their instincts.

This is the common denominator. Post something with a price just a little too good and they’ll be flooded with PMs from guys thinking they’re getting a screaming deal. And for the love of God if they want a deposit to hold it run away.

Yes, people have been scammed. And I suspect we don't hear about all of them. People reporting suspected scams with as much detail as possible is a BIG help. And THANKS to those that do! You very likely will save someone from getting taken. Reporting a fake ad that stole pictures from another site with a link to the other ad(s) allows us to nuke them almost immediately as one example. Reporting an ad and just saying "scam" with zero explanation doesn't really give us much to go on. Yes some are obvious, but not all. So it helps us react much quicker if we have some reasoning to look into.
"It takes a village to skin a scammer" or something like that.
I hate scammers....
I hate that. I don’t understand how folks fall for the stuff.

Either way, I’ll keep reporting the bastards. It’s super easy to link them to the GB or similar ad they stole the photos from. They like using the same exact verbiage. You can literally copy their ad and paste it into Google to find where they stole from. These ***holes are lazy and it helps to weed them out. ****’em all.

Only allow new users if they are vouched for by an existing user. If new user gets banned for scamming, so does user who vouched.
Yes, major PITA, but it would work.
Outside of that, disallow all foreign IP registrations by default.
And for the love of God, DO NOT SEND MONEY OR GOODS TO PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW.
Bad deal button will be abused as well. Voting buttons for good, average, bad. Then display results for largest category as "95% say good (or bad, or average) deal."
Very few people in my area are active on this site. I login from foreign countries a lot of the time. I'm already registered and I have feedback so I guess it doesn't affect me.

Back
Top Bottom