"No shipping" is getting old.

It is easy to ship. I shipped a rifle on here once, my first time. I was a bit nervous selling a rifle without the buyer seeing it and holding it first, but it worked out fine and was pretty simple, overall. He was way down close to the Fla. line so it was easier that way.

Most of the time shipping and FFL fees would kill the deal for me. It costs $40 minimum to ship ($20 ffl transfer plus actual shipping), then typically $20 on the receiving end. Thats because the deals aren't all that great anymore on ODT. Not to mention the risk of paying before you actually see it and hassle of actually shipping it. I would REALLY want or need something to go through it, and the buyer/seller would have to have a lot of +feedback.
Yeah that's the same reason trying to buy something on Gunbroker never works out to be a deal.

long guns, short guns, it does not matter. You can ship them straight to someone's door as long as you are both in Georgia. No FFL required.
Very true, but there are a BUNCH of people that don't know this, or are scared to do it for whatever reason. I've shipped lowers to other Georgia residents before. Just insure it and require that it be signed for. Never had a problem.

Back in the "day", I have shipped rifle parts before I got the payment. To many craig listers on here now for me to feel comfortable doing that. The old guys that came here with me from the now defunt georgia trader I would not have any problem

Yeah that's the same reason trying to buy something on Gunbroker never works out to be a deal.

I've actually bought and sold several guns off Gb, but mostly from dealers. You know going in how much the shipping and fees are so if you can get the price low enough, it works out. It's a bit nerve-racking sending some stranger $800 bucks tho and hoping everything works out.

I don't because I will never have a Pay Pal account besides...talking with someone in person at the meeting place is more enjoyable for me than standing in line at "x" shipping location (which I also have to drive to).

Think most fear the process more than the shipping and FFL fees.

Fear of the unknown

Ive bought/sold and shipped several lately from other forums and having places that do free transfers makes it a no brainer.

it's the hassle of having to go to the ffl and file paperwork that drives many to buy from a private seller. i like just meeting someone in a well lit and open parking lot, doing the deal/chatting many times and going home with the bounty.
i do it sometimes if the firearm I'm buying is well worth the hassle/rare

i look at at deal as a way to get out and meet others to an extent

Back
Top Bottom