• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Non lead hunting bullet

Exactly. 1:8 is the rec and I'm sure since this is an older rifle (1999, Remington introduced the chambering in 1997) it's a 1:10. (Haven't' measured it yet, will later). Apparently Remington realized they had a problem with longer bullets and moved to a 1:9 and STILL had a problem and eventually moved to 1:8.
Crazy thing is this rifle shoots sub 1/2 groups with 140 grain Remington Core Lokt Ultra's and of course..... those are not longer made. :frusty:
Back to lead I guess and now I need to go RE-sight in my rifle. :mmph:
Anybody want to buy a bunch of 'components' for .260 featuring fancy bullets? :tape2:
It's the longer profile that the LRX has to get the higher BC. You'll probably be fine with a standard TTSX.

It's the longer profile that the LRX has to get the higher BC. You'll probably be fine with a standard TTSX.
Just measured. 1:9
The problem with the TTSX is it's only 120 grains. Having said that, if that's the best I can find, I'll make it work.
The 120 gr TTSX is 1.322" (BC=.412). The 130 grain TSX is 1.331" (BC=.365). The 127 grain LRX is 1.399 (BC=.468).
Now I want to know what the OAL and BC is of those Core Lokt Ultra's are that grouped so well but can't find it anywhere. :mmph:

Just measured. 1:9
The problem with the TTSX is it's only 120 grains. Having said that, if that's the best I can find, I'll make it work.
The 120 gr TTSX is 1.322" (BC=.412). The 130 grain TSX is 1.331" (BC=.365). The 127 grain LRX is 1.399 (BC=.468).
Now I want to know what the OAL and BC is of those Core Lokt Ultra's are that grouped so well but can't find it anywhere. :mmph:
A 120 grain TTSX will flatten a deer. Especially when you consider the higher velocity.

It's all about shot placement guys. I have been fortunate to have taken quite a few different animals all over the US in the last 40 years and have tried about every kind of hunting bullet made. They all work when put in the right place. I loaded the new HORNADY eld's last year and dropped 2 in there tracks with them. Probably gonna shoot the same thing this year. I personally don't like Barne's. JMO

It's all about shot placement guys. I have been fortunate to have taken quite a few different animals all over the US in the last 40 years and have tried about every kind of hunting bullet made. They all work when put in the right place. I loaded the new HORNADY eld's last year and dropped 2 in there tracks with them. Probably gonna shoot the same thing this year. I personally don't like Barne's. JMO
I can't say the same. I've had two Sierra Game Kings fail. Both times the jacket separated upon impacted and the bullet did not do the job well. Both animals were eventually found, but they went much further than they should have and there was almost no blood trail. Yes, both shots hit their mark. I also have had a Berger fail to disrupt because the bullet weight and velocity was a bad match for the size game I was hunting. It was like shooting it with a FMJ.

I'm curious to know why you don't like Barnes.

Back
Top Bottom