• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Non lead hunting bullet

Never had good luck with them
If you mean accuracy, I have had the same problem. Some rifles hate them, but some really like them. I've shot some of my best groups with Barnes. It seems to be completely random which rifles they shoot well in.

Also, when I say they don't shoot well in some, it's relative. To me that means over 0.75 MOA.

I had a Sierra Gameking ricochet down off a shoulder last year and take off the buck's foot. It hurt the animal badly enough that I was able to track it down and finish it off, but it didn't penetrate. It made me think twice about using them.

Had to go buy some factory ammo in a rush and Fed Prem BTs were the only thing I could find. They'll have to do this season but I've GOT to start reloading! :mmph: And oh yeah, I can't see round targets for squat anymore. Need to get some crosshair/diamonds again.

20180918_195555.jpg

So you're shooting 260 Rem? I've got one in model 7 cdl with 1 in 8 twist. I bought some 140-grain psp core-lokts at "The Outdoor Depot", it's in the parking lot next to Ga Gun Store in Gainesville. They were expensive, but I figured wth, probably won't get around to reloading yet so I bought them. They have the same 6-7 boxes still on the shelf since I bought mine almost a year ago the last couple of times I was up there (recently). Get ready for the price....... $42.99 lol. Also, saw some at Cabelas in Ackworth a few months ago priced similarly, right next to a box of 6.5 creeds (same 140 core-locks) for about $20, had to laugh.

I'll be hitting the range tomorrow to test out the 140's in my model 7. If it doesn't group well I'd be glad to sell you whatever I have left, but I'm hoping it's gonna work out. Looks like your gun likes those 120's.

So you're shooting 260 Rem? I've got one in model 7 cdl with 1 in 8 twist. I bought some 140-grain psp core-lokts at "The Outdoor Depot", it's in the parking lot next to Ga Gun Store in Gainesville. They were expensive, but I figured wth, probably won't get around to reloading yet so I bought them. They have the same 6-7 boxes still on the shelf since I bought mine almost a year ago the last couple of times I was up there (recently). Get ready for the price....... $42.99 lol. Also, saw some at Cabelas in Ackworth a few months ago priced similarly, right next to a box of 6.5 creeds (same 140 core-locks) for about $20, had to laugh.

I'll be hitting the range tomorrow to test out the 140's in my model 7. If it doesn't group well I'd be glad to sell you whatever I have left, but I'm hoping it's gonna work out. Looks like your gun likes those 120's.
Buds has them for around $25 .I just needed something now. I'd rather shoot the 140s but any port in a storm and all that. ;)

Back
Top Bottom