• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Non Matching Numbers on a Glock

1jcwallace

Default rank <4500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
113   0
Reaction score
I recently traded my original owner Glock for another one on straight trade. The gun was for a Gen 3 for a Gen 3 straight across the board. I was happy with the condition of the gun so I threw it in the box and throw it in my bag and drove home. Well, I had a lot going on and didnt have time to really look at the gun until a few days have passed. Well after I finally found a few minutes, I pulled the gun out to take it apart and inspect it and clean it as I always do. Upon me taking the gun apart, I realize that the frame/slide serial number do not match the freakin barrel number. I understand this is my fault but I am not one to tear guns apart in front of someone out of disrespect while trading and just "assumed" I was getting the same factory matching gun I was trading. Well my prediction.... Is it really that big of a deal? Should I just order a Lone Wolf barrel while ordering my conversion barrel for it or should I worry about it. Is it really that big of deal that I have a Mutt or shoud I just order the barrels and shoot the hell out of it? This is the first Mutt I have ever had... What do you guys think?

If it shoots, I wouldn't worry about it. Glocks are mismatched more than you think due to frame repairs, stippling gone awry, and many other things.

Not that big of a deal if you plan on keeping gun. Whoever owned gun before probably took it to glock and it must have had a defect or was beyond repair. Seems like they should have mentioned it though. Like I said, not a big deal if you keep it but may have harder time selling.

Imo it doesn't matter. My guess is the original barrel had to be exchanged for warranty issues. It would bother me just because I'm somewhat ocd but other than that as long as it goes boom then it's okay.

Sometimes Glock repairs them with other than the number that it came with, take it by ther and see if it needs a tune up! Bring lots of money because its free, but breakfast at Waffle House on the east west connector is expensive

Didja talk to the previous owner? I have several Glock 27's. I also have 2 40-9 conversion barrels. I have had two converted at the same time. If you're not paying enough attention when you return them to original it is possible to put the wrong serial number barrels in the wrong slides. He may have another Glock at home with the numbers wrong.

As for function, if you put the barrel from ANY G23 in ANY G23, it's a G23. etc...

So... I am guessing I should just blast the hell out of it both 40 and 9. Thats right, it is ANOTHER 23. I have owned at one time 4 at the same time. Now just down to 2 again. Love the 9, 40 and 45. I can only shoot 40 and 40-9 conversion out of this. Youghuys are awesome with your answers. Another reason I am a huge fan of the ODT. I am keeping it and using it a an excuse to Cerakote the slide along with a few of my others. I guess a Glock is a Glock. I might still order a after-market black Lone Wolf for it and blast on! Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom