• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Non Matching Numbers on a Glock

Not a big deal. I have a XD Tactical that has different number Slide/Barrel serial from the frame. My x-wife has a compact that is the same but reversed. When I acquired the Tactical it was one of those models that had the 5 inch slide kit on a compact frame, with full capacity mags and grip extensions. The reason behind this model was market it to SWAT units, so that they may use both compact mags and full capacity mags should they find themselves in a jam (at least that is what I read). I think it was a poor plan and poor marketing ploy.

Anyway, I had a standard service model and it made more sense to me to put the frame of the Service Model on the Tactical making it a full size Tactical and the making the other a full time compact. Both guns do what they are designed to do and I reckon my ex wife and I will always share that......................... since I couldn't get it back from her.

Luke

Best glock I ever owned was a Frankenstein G19. Got it for next to nothing. Somebody I worked with took a scotch green pad to the slide and put on night sights he milled out for me to really open up the rear. He worked over the action to make it shoot like a dream. Made the mistake of selling it off. Wish I hadn't. It shot better than any other Glock I have ever shot.

I guess I should keep this Mutt Ass Glock. Like I said, this is the first non matching one I have ver owned and I dont plan on ever getting rid of it, especially seeings that it has the old Gen 1/2 matte slide on it.

My 23s slide frame and barrel are all different numbers. I got a good deal on it because of this, but it shoot just the same, and truth be told, I don't give a ****. Hell, half the time it has a .357 Sig or 9mm barrel in it anyway. Glocks are not collectible, and really in truth it doesn't matter. I don't have the box or docs for it either....GASP!!!
Lol! My old 23, I kind of miss that thing now!

Keep it and shoot it. But if I were selling it to you I would have told you about the serial numbers.
The same thing happened to me as the OP. I bought it from someone on here not even thinking to check and noticed a day later the frame SN was different from the barrel/slide.

keep it and shoot it! there's no legal requirement to have a serial number on the barrel/upper. the serial number that is the "gun" is the one on the trigger frame.

this is why (when buying from a retailer) you can buy an AR15 upper without FFL requirements, but you have to ship a stripped lower to an FFL dealer.

You my friend are a high maintenance glockstitute. PM berettaman and get a new barrel and tear it up!

Back
Top Bottom