Not willing to ship

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope to grow some watermelon in the garden this year. I already planted the seeds, but all that rain may have drowned them out when they tried to germinate.

But.... they are watermelon... :D

You could plant some more. Even if the first do pop up, they will all catch up and flower at around the same time.

Maybe there will be a new member today that will ask a question. Then the collective ODT membership can tell him he is an idiot, make sure to degrade when he lives, and most importantly, tell him how we know more than he does because we have been here longer. Then when he fires back, we will call him a troll, and question his intelligence. Yep, and we will probably post in his gun ad, or at least make fun of the price in his ad in another thread, and snicker at his lack of knowledge about guns and especially prices.
Yeah, I am the old codger that likes antiquated guns. I don't pretend to be anyone else. lol

Honestly, JWC, read the first three or four pages of this thread. The guy came in here and asked a question. Fine. Then he starts calling people Debbie Downers and trolls. I tell him he can leave if he doesn't like it. Well because if one thinks everyone is a Debbie Downer or a troll, why stay? He then proceeds to give backlash. I thought my suggestion was based on sound logic. If you like it, then stay. I'm happy to have you. If you think ill of the members that quickly, then leave. I don't think there is anything wrong with that advice. I mentioned being here longer than him only because of his back lash. Do you really think our reactions were that harsh? I've seen many new people sign up on here and be respectful and be welcomed be the ODT just fine. Personally, I never called him an idiot, never made fun of where he is from (because personally I don't give a hoot), and never said I knew more than him, and never even looked at any of his ads or provided any sort of commentary on them. I know your post wasn't specifically directed at me, but I, of course, had some things to say in this thread. I don't think some of the reactions to the newb were really all that unjustified based on his approach. I respect you and have always appreciated your input, but I think you're a little off here on your assessment of how this played out.

I'd also like to add that I know we all argue on here a lot and some people even get a little out of line. But I look at ODT as a family. In the year I've been here, I've met some awesome people, learned alot, had some fun range time with members, and have watched people run charity raffles for members that are in need and hardship. When someone comes in here after a week of signing up and starts talking like he knows us all so well, it's difficult for me to not react to that. YMMV though.

Last edited:
How bout let's make an active attempt to not be 'Debbie Downer-ish' to new folks?

Did you read the first three or four pages of this thread. The posts prior to the newb calling people Debbie Downers...well I didn't think those posts were really all that bad. A couple of comments on their opinion about the integrity of pricing in the ads section. Didn't really seem all that downer-ish. Some ads justify those comments, some don't.

Reactions: JWC
Honestly, JWC, read the first three or four pages of this thread. The guy came in here and asked a question. Fine. Then he starts calling people Debbie Downers and trolls. I tell him he can leave if he doesn't like it. Well because if one thinks everyone is a Debbie Downer or a troll, why stay? He then proceeds to give backlash. I thought my suggestion was based on sound logic. If you like it, then stay. I'm happy to have you. If you think ill of the members that quickly, then leave. I don't think there is anything wrong with that advice. I mentioned being here longer than him only because of his back lash. Do you really think our reactions were that harsh? I've seen many new people sign up on here and be respectful and be welcomed be the ODT just fine. Personally, I never called him an idiot, never made fun of where he is from (because personally I don't give a hoot), and never said I knew more than him, and never even looked at any of his ads or provided any sort of commentary on them. I know your post wasn't specifically directed at me, but I, of course, had some things to say in this thread. I don't think some of the reactions to the newb were really all that unjustified based on his approach. I respect you and have always appreciated your input, but I think you're a little off here on your assessment of how this played out.

I'd also like to add that I know we all argue on here a lot and some people even get a little out of line. But I look at ODT as a family. In the year I've been here, I've met some awesome people, learned alot, had some fun range time with members, and have watched people run charity raffles for members that are in need and hardship. When someone comes in here after a week of signing up and starts talking like he knows us all so well, it's difficult for me to not react to that. YMMV though.

That is pretty much how it happened. He asked the question, got honest answers he did not like, and the butthurt began.

That is pretty much how it happened. He asked the question, got honest answers he did not like, and the butthurt began.

Not really. Before the mods finally got involved and moved this to the pasture, and did some house cleaning on out of line posts, there was a lot of unwarranted jumping on the new guy. Looks a lot different now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom