• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nothing like a 4 day weekend to do projects around the house

fast306stang

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
376   0
Reaction score
Like moving a lightswitch. Ugh. Original location is on the inside of the laundry room in a terrible spot. I've already swapped the door from an inward swing to an outward swing...because with the washer and dryer in place, you couldn't open or close the door. Idiots.

If you're a residential electrician, don't roast me too bad, I'm just a DIY amateur

20231124_122705.jpg
20231124_122712.jpg
20231124_122716.jpg

I've had to change the door swing (side and direction) on several doors in my house (built in Paulding 1993); yeh, common sense wasn't at work when the trim carpenters installed those doors. Likely they ran out of the correct door and just stuck one in the opening and called it a day. Done plenty of electrical re-work in the house as well, so I feel your pain and frustration. I hope you don't have copper pipes, because if you do, you'll soon be learning how to use Pex and Shark Bites to replace corroding copper supply lines. Our wonderful Georgia water has lots of minerals that react with the copper and basically turn the pipe into a primitive battery. "Electrolytic corrosion" aka "galvanic corrosion" are terms you do NOT want to hear from a plumber...

I've had to change the door swing (side and direction) on several doors in my house (built in Paulding 1993); yeh, common sense wasn't at work when the trim carpenters installed those doors. Likely they ran out of the correct door and just stuck one in the opening and called it a day. Done plenty of electrical re-work in the house as well, so I feel your pain and frustration. I hope you don't have copper pipes, because if you do, you'll soon be learning how to use Pex and Shark Bites to replace corroding copper supply lines. Our wonderful Georgia water has lots of minerals that react with the copper and basically turn the pipe into a primitive battery. "Electrolytic corrosion" aka "galvanic corrosion" are terms you do NOT want to hear from a plumber...
No copper here fortunately. I hate ya had to do multiple doors! It ain't terribly hard but when the new side of the door casing is smaller or out of square, kinda irritating to deal with.

Had a whole list of things I needed to get done…..until I was just blessed with gout in my knee. Next to kidney stones, this is damn near the worst pain I’ve ever experienced and I’ve been in some gnarly and painful situations.
That sux. I’ve heard gout is bad business and hope it clears up soon. I’ve got several bone spurs growing from my C5-6-7 vertebra into my spinal cord and have been waiting 6 weeks for surgery. Got it scheduled for Dec. 5 but haven’t been able to do anything for 2 months (except post stupid **** on ODT) and it’s driving me nuts.

Back
Top Bottom