• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Nov 2nd Deer Hunt

We came by this morning to visit but you weren't home.

4322.jpeg

I saw 2 bucks this morning. First one looked pretty good but he was gone before I stopped my lollygagging. Second one was a little guy and he also was hauling ass but I managed to get him to stop for a second. Shot him through the shoulder at around 180 yards. First buck I’ve shot, only does prior. There was no blood trail at all. Embarrassing how difficult it was to find a deer 25 yards from where I shot it. All good though.

Stand 2NOV19.jpg
Little buck 2 2NOV19.jpg

I saw more deer this morning by 10am than I have seen all year. We are definitely at the point of rut. 2 bucks chasing does wouldn't stop. Nose to the ground and never looked up. I let them walk. Been wanting to get another doe this year so I took one about 11am.

I think tomorrow morning will be even better.20191102_110350.jpg

4 buck and 3 does this morning. One of them was my main hit list buck but he was with a doe and I couldn’t get him to stop. Had another small basket buck chasing does also. I moved to a ground blind back in the thickest crap I could find where they all are coming and going from. Home it pays off. Brought my 45/70 since it will be thick and close!

Back
Top Bottom