• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nov 2nd Deer Hunt

I spent @ 3 hours along with a buddy trying to assemble a tripod stand.
Didn’t get it set in field yet but close.

I need to get some stand time.

Passed on a doe, couldn't get a shot on a good 8 or 9 pt and one busted me at 1:30 in the afternoon. Goofy ass uncooperative deer. Back in the am. Good luck tomorrow

My Son and I had a great evening. We got settled in our stand at around 4:00, a little later than I intended, but glad that we made it out there without spooking any game. It was pretty slow for the first couple of hours, but around 6:00, we had some deer working their way in from the West. It turned out to be three, one came straight in and began feeding on White Oak acorns while another one skirted around us to the right. Another came in and started heading the same direction, paralleling the one that skirted us. It stopped in an opening at 50 yards and Blaze dropped it in its tracks with one shot from the .308! The other deer out in front bolted at the report of the rifle, out to about 65 yards. He got settled on it and sent a Barnes TSX through its chest. It ran about 50 yards and piled up. After a heavy and brief blood trail that my Son was able to follow, he found the second deer. What a great afternoon spent with my Son! I am a proud Father to say the least!
64446625-B158-4642-88E8-529703350088.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom