• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NRA Seminar Classes

CherryCola

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
16   0
Reaction score
I'm looking to instruct some classes where I just speak. For example, I want to start off by doing the NRA Refuse To Be A Victim. Philadelphia doesn't quite have anything like this in the area. I would like to eventually move to the live fire courses but I want to get more experience in teaching before I do. I am very confident in my knowledge of firearms to be an instructor. I have the training and the knowledge, I just need the classroom/teaching experience.

For an individual to do such of a thing, where could I teach a class like this? Would it be best to rent out a conference room in a hotel or a restaurant? If so, could I add that in the fee?

I know the NRA provides the materials but I am unsure how the process really works.

You'd need to go to an NRA Training Counselor and get certified as an NRA instructor in each discipline that you'd like to teach. Following that, you order your materials and set prices on your courses based on your expenses.

The NRA has a great group of people at their number that can help you with the process, but you may also want to look into forming a corporation or LLC to keep your business organized. You'll also need insurance, marketing, etc. Not really a "turn-key" process.

Back
Top Bottom