NYC trouble - threads merged on 12.4

What would you recommend

• Fight it all the way. Fight everything, including the illegal search

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Make a deal. Know when to fold and know when to walk away

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • Fire the attorneys and "HANDLE" it like a man. DIY.

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Make sure you wear white "T"s and boxer shorts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TACOS

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters
The only thing your "cooperation" with LEO will do, is make their job easier, and possibly land you in jail, or fined.
I'm always amazed at how many people don't seem to understand this simple concept.

They're not your buddy. They're not there to help you. They're not interested in "cutting you a break" or "giving you another chance".

They're there to find SOME REASON to cost you some money at the very least, and take away your freedom and ruin your life if at all possible.

The guy in NYC is currently learning this lesson the hard way. I learned it many years ago when I was still a teenager. Luckily I never ended up with a felony as part of my learning experience. It's looking like the guy in NYC is probably going to though.

I'm always amazed at how many people don't seem to understand this simple concept.

They're not your buddy. They're not there to help you. They're not interested in "cutting you a break" or "giving you another chance".

They're there to find SOME REASON to cost you some money at the very least, and take away your freedom and ruin your life if at all possible.

The guy in NYC is currently learning this lesson the hard way. I learned it many years ago when I was still a teenager. Luckily I never ended up with a felony as part of my learning experience. It's looking like the guy in NYC is probably going to though.

He didn't turn on the blue lights so he could "win friends and influence others". It's all about the revenue$$$.

I hate a liar worse than a thief.

A cop could stay busy all day, when it's raining, (no lights) and all night long writing tickets for one headlight:wacko:, but the only time they stop someone for a seatbelt or a light being out, is when they are fishing:fish2:. It's not worth their time "in the name of Highway safety" to do these stops, unless they are in the hopes of something larger.
LEO don't profile. :becky::shocked::tape2::wacko::doh: And let's not forget the "Failure to maintain lane" BS stop, while the cop rides 10 feet off your bumper for several miles.

The main reason they like to stop out of town/state folks is because they are almost certain that those folks will just pay the fine and not come back to fight the ticket, regardless of how unfounded it may be.

It's just to bad that all the northeastern states like everything above North Carolina doesn't break off into the Atlantic.

They are kind of a belt, running from Boston down through DC. Get into northern New England and you have really good gun laws.

In fact Vermont probably has the best gun laws in the USA... since the only state laws are those required by the feds. They've been 'Constitutional Carry' since BEFORE the Constitution was signed. Maine and New Hampshire are pretty good as well.

The places where the rural population still outnumbers the 'city-folk' tends to be OK. In states like MA and NY, where one large city dominates, not so much.

A lesson there for Georgia... Don't let Atlanta get too big or we'll end up like upstate NY.

I was pulled over for speeding on my way to Savannah and 25 years old, they asked to search my car and I said no. They called in a k9 car, put the dog in and he sniffed around and got out and sat down. The cop had the nerve to say " yep, he smells something. Some dogs are trained to bark, and some to sit when they smell something". Wtf, are some trained to take a crap too if they smell something? 4 officers proceeded to search my car to no avail. I have never had drugs in my car, or had a passenger who did drugs.

It was a 2 hour inconvienence but really highlighted the easy violation of my right against unlawful search and seizure.

The joker is that the courts have ruled that the dog has to mostly right some of the time. You, the citizen. don't have the right to challenge the capabilities of the dog.

Anyone who has ever owned a dog for more than 15 minutes knows that they can respond to all sorts of non-visual signals. They can sense epileptic attacks. amd insulin crisis, they certainly can sense a non-visual clue from their handler.

But it will be a cold day in a hot place before you ever get an LEO to admit that.

Try to document the false positives for the dog. No one records that.

Back in the day, they used to have the use the fact that dogs would alert to the scent of cocaine on $20 bills to makes arrests and seizures. This went on for several years until a lawyer subpoenaed a bank officer to bring $1000 in bundles of $20s. The dog alerted to every bundle because the use of $20 had become so ubiquitous that all of them were tainted.

I guess my question is, can a Ga cop search my car without a warrant and without my consent?

Maybe.

If you want to play "gotcha" the key question to keep asking is "am I free to go now." As soon as the cop says no, a whole different set of rules kicks in.

MOST cops think, and will swear, that your aren't under arrest until the put you in cuffs, or the cruiser, but that's not what the courts say. For some reason that point hasn't worked its way down the ranks in 20 years.

The joker is that the courts have ruled that the dog has to mostly right some of the time. You, the citizen. don't have the right to challenge the capabilities of the dog.

Anyone who has ever owned a dog for more than 15 minutes knows that they can respond to all sorts of non-visual signals. They can sense epileptic attacks. amd insulin crisis, they certainly can sense a non-visual clue from their handler.

But it will be a cold day in a hot place before you ever get an LEO to admit that.

Try to document the false positives for the dog. No one records that.

Back in the day, they used to have the use the fact that dogs would alert to the scent of cocaine on $20 bills to makes arrests and seizures. This went on for several years until a lawyer subpoenaed a bank officer to bring $1000 in bundles of $20s. The dog alerted to every bundle because the use of $20 had become so ubiquitous that all of them were tainted.

My Aunt Worked for Suntrust back in the 80's out of Ft. Lauderdale... Back in the 80's she said at any 1 time 50 ATM Machines were down in South FL due to the cocaine residue Killing the ATM machines......

Back
Top Bottom