• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

NYC trouble - threads merged on 12.4

What would you recommend

• Fight it all the way. Fight everything, including the illegal search

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Make a deal. Know when to fold and know when to walk away

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • Fire the attorneys and "HANDLE" it like a man. DIY.

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Make sure you wear white "T"s and boxer shorts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TACOS

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters
The places where the rural population still outnumbers the 'city-folk' tends to be OK. In states like MA and NY, where one large city dominates, not so much.

A lesson there for Georgia... Don't let Atlanta get too big or we'll end up like upstate NY.

Almost went that way last election. Of the people in NY that I know, all lean conservative and hate what the city does to there voting base. I've met a lot more folks in Atlanta that are liberals.

I once sold a 10 round S&W 410 mag on ebay and a NYC guy bought it. I immediately received an email from him with a copy of an email that if I shipped the mag there he and I both would face criminal charges. I told him sorry dude, refunded his money and told him to tell the NYC police FU with two middle fingers from this GA boy. Never go there, just pretend that ****hole doesn't exist. Sorry about your friend man. Always know draconian gun laws.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Almost went that way last election. Of the people in NY that I know, all lean conservative and hate what the city does to there voting base. I've met a lot more folks in Atlanta that are liberals.

The Atlanta metropolitan area has 2/3ds of the voters in Georgia. Do the math,

Cobb County, that "Republican Stronghold" is the center of the 6th Congressional District and it's a coin flip between Osoff and Handel. In 10 years, metro Atlanta will own Georgia, one way or another.

Habla Espanol?

I born & raised in western NY...we all hated NYC. The welfare base alone drags down the rest of the state. Talk go back years ago of splitting off that city.
And I can't stand that obnoxious new yawker attitude.

I born & raised in western NY...we all hated NYC. The welfare base alone drags down the rest of the state. Talk go back years ago of splitting off that city.
And I can't stand that obnoxious new yawker attitude.

Couldn't agree more.... born and raised Western NY'er right here ! Lol

@OP

Is your buddy a member of any firearms organizations? NRA, SAF, GeorgiaCarry.Org?

Please don't let him use the Public Defender on this. He needs his own experienced attorney.

Are you going to lend him the money to get started? Has he started a GoFundMe page to try and raise money?

This is a political issue for NYC and they are going to try and make an example of him. A Felony conviction will be devastating for this young man.

IMG_5566.PNG

I'm from WNY, too.
Had an unrestricted pistol carry license there for several years before leaving the state.

I had this book in my hands BEFORE I even applied for a license in NYS.

Your friend should read it.

I know a few good lawyers in NYC, but unfortunately they are expensive as hell and don't do pro bono cases.

Don't know if you can join US Law Shield and have some type of retroactive policy?

NY blows when it comes to gun laws. A salesman at a gun shop on LI refused to let me handle a pistol because I did not have a NY drivers license. Acted like I had the freakin plague.

Same thing happened to me in Warren County NJ. Tried to look at a few old S&W revolvers and I couldn't even TOUCH them.

Back
Top Bottom