• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NYC trouble - threads merged on 12.4

What would you recommend

• Fight it all the way. Fight everything, including the illegal search

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Make a deal. Know when to fold and know when to walk away

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • Fire the attorneys and "HANDLE" it like a man. DIY.

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Make sure you wear white "T"s and boxer shorts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TACOS

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters
he can probably ask for a continuance while he secures an attorney...and might be able to force this issue by dismissing his court appointed public defender.

I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY, so take this advice for what its worth. I will be very interested in how this all turns out for him, but it is a bit like watching a train wreck. He needs a good lawyer.

he can probably ask for a continuance while he secures an attorney...and might be able to force this issue by dismissing his court appointed public defender.

I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY, so take this advice for what its worth. I will be very interested in how this all turns out for him, but it is a bit like watching a train wreck. He needs a good lawyer.
Unfortunately....i agree

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

To put a dollar amount on this, consider that a simple, first time DUI in Ga is now $10,000 to $20,000 in attorney fees and this is with no guarantees.

I would fully expect it to take at least $100,000 + in attorney fees to have a 50/50 chance at getting a non-felony outcome. If this fellow is well educated and has a job waiting, that is well less than 2 year's pay.

He is fighting for his future, his freedom, his constitutional rights, and possible physical harm.

Gofundme is an idea, but he would do better hitting every friend, relative and acquaintance for the money, offering to pay the money back if/when he can.

I know some NY lawyers, and the only thing that excites any of them is cash, plus the court appt attorney will only help by telling his client what to wear and be respectful of the judge, he will get the max sentence with that representation.

Back
Top Bottom