• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NYC's Stop and Frisk laws deemed unconstitutional

TresMonos

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
It's Great To Be Back Home
138   0
Reaction score
and the hits just keep coming for NYC and their draconian laws...

In a ruling released Monday morning, three months after hearing nine weeks of testimony in a class-action lawsuit challenging the policy, Manhattan federal court judge Shira Scheindlin found that "the city acted with deliberate indifference toward the NYPD's practice of making unconstitutional stops and conducting unconstitutional frisks."

"In addition," the judge wrote, "the city adopted a policy of indirect racial profiling by targeting racially defined groups for stops based on local crime suspect data. This has resulted in the disproportionate and discriminatory stopping of blacks and Hispanics in violation of the Equal Protection Clause."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324085304579008510786797006.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...57f824-0354-11e3-bfc5-406b928603b2_story.html

Desperation of a besieged citizenry led to unconstitutional solutions but it seems like the only way to reduce crime which is still rampant.
No way would they ever let people do something sensible that's shown to work like defending themselves.

Looks to me that the judge didn't say the stops are unconstitutional. They're just being conducted unconstitutionally. It's not the stop and frisk that is so terrible, it's that they're targeting minorities. So... they appointed a monitor. My guess is that the practice will basically continue, just with more majority-race stops to make it "fair".

It does sound like they might reform their criteria for the stops but I'm not too hopeful. The 4th amendment stomping will continue.

Looks to me that the judge didn't say the stops are unconstitutional. They're just being conducted unconstitutionally. It's not the stop and frisk that is so terrible, it's that they're targeting minorities. So... they appointed a monitor. My guess is that the practice will basically continue, just with more majority-race stops to make it "fair".

It does sound like they might reform their criteria for the stops but I'm not too hopeful. The 4th amendment stomping will continue.
leave it to a place like NYC to try and come up with a solution to things such as racial inequality among criminals

I truly believe this isn't the end of this. Too many libtards up there following their bought and paid for agenda. I do like the fact that they have shot down the BS soda size crap and now this for the time being. Small victories but it shows someone is still fighting the good fight up there.

...I do like the fact that they have shot down the BS soda size crap... Small victories but it shows someone is still fighting the good fight up there.

There again, the soda size ban wasn't shot down. It was how they did it that was shot down. The judge there just said that it has to be passed as a law.

They are small victories since they are reigning in executive power. They are losses since they weren't struck down as constitutional violations also.

There again, the soda size ban wasn't shot down. It was how they did it that was shot down. The judge there just said that it has to be passed as a law.

They are small victories since they are reigning in executive power. They are losses since they weren't struck down as constitutional violations also.

Very good points. I agree that they will take another run at all of them with some re-wording. I'm hoping that will force them to restructure the attempts so that they can actually be struck down from a constitutional standpoint and be down away with for good. Either way, someone is still trying to stand up to these power hungry bastards.

Back
Top Bottom