• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OC in Waffle House Sunday am Marietta

He should have sit in a booth. Anyone could have just walked up and taken that from his holster. Instead he is sitting with his back to the entrance fully exposed and can be easily disarmed by the grandmaw standing behind him. That earns him the title of D-bag.

D-bag may be a bit strong, but here's a guy just asking for trouble. I do not choose to OC, but if you do, facing away from the entrance with your weapon exposed and accessible to anybody that wants it is a very poor decision. Carrying a gun is just part of my commitment to being perceptive and prepared to protect myself and my loved ones. I don't do it because I want to scare people, and I don't welcome violence. I carry incase violence finds me despite my efforts.

I open carry more and more lately, not just because. But because I am wearing more and more dressy clothes and there is just no way to hide it without looking ridiculous and it being crazy obvious....so I just wear it in a thumb release kydex galco holster a lot lately....never had ANYONE give me a problem...maybe it's case it's a Glock 23 and people are used to seeing cops with Glocks but mine is od green so....I dunno. But I'm not paranoid people are starring at me anymore cause well honestly most average joes and janes are for the most part oblivious to their surroundings....

I open carried for the better part of 30 years. When I carried concealed it was because I was wearing a jacket or heavy shirt to keep warm. There were occasions when CC was called for and it was comfortable to wear a light shirt or jacket. I worked in a state as a LEO where there were no gun laws and anyone could carry open or concealed anywhere at anytime. Funny thing was that in 30 years I never heard of anyone being targeted by a bad guy because they had a gun, most bad guys are afraid of getting shot and avoid people with guns.Their bravado only comes out when they clearly think they are the only one that has a gun. IMO, too many keyboard commando's watch way too much TV. I think that any law abiding person should be able to carry any way they want. Situational awareness is the key to survival, not whether you OC or CC. I bet that at least 99% of the most ardent opinionated people have never 1. Been in a gun fight, 2. Had any formal training, 3. Have any idea how many crimes were prevented because the bad guy saw that someone had a gun and went somewhere else to do his dirty deed. 4. Would react appropriately and safely under stress because they are wound so tight waiting and thinking about how they would do.

I may not agree with OC in certain situations, but if no laws are being broken then so be it. Since my retirement I carry every day just as I have for most of my adult life. I CC most of the time, but on occasion I OC if it is more comfortable. Tactically I don't feel disadvantaged by OC since I tend to not carry flashy, shiny hand cannons. In the picture there are some tactical disadvantages that are blatant. Sitting at a stool with an open back, sitting with back to anyone moving about and yes he appears to be advertizing to everyone that he has a gun and he is a bad a$$. I can tell you that even when working in plain clothes that myself and anyone I worked with just naturally "bladed" towards other people and in public tried to keep our strong side away from others. I find it amazing that the mall ninjas are so outspoken about something they actually know little about other than reading or watching TV. Calling someone a name because they don't fit into your idea of what is the "proper" way to carry is just ignorant.

I have never seen a Waffle House WTF have I been missing?
WHAT??????? OMG you have been missing the Chees-Eggs! I just got a slight chubby thinking about them.
Never seen a sign there but it wouldn't matter anyway, I CC wherever I go. Unless of course it's a fed bldg, a school, or anywhere with a metal detector. It is fully legal. I have never been asked to leave but that is all you risk. Being asked to leave beats getting shot by a BG. Not to mention everyone patron in those places, is alot safer with me, or any responsible, ODT gun totin man there as well.

To be issued your carry permit, IMHO, is not thenceforth a right to carry, it is your duty to do so every day, everywhere you go.

Interesting, especially given the anti-gun nature of Waffle House.

I OC sometimes just because it's more comfortable. Did it today at Home Depot and Kroger no big deal. I think most people are so unaware of their surroundings that they just don't notice.

^This is so true! I notice that when I open carry, 90% of the time, the only people who notice are children or younger people. Adults have NO idea of their surroundings and just don't seem to pay attention...scary to me. Im one of the weirdo's that when i sit down to eat, one of the first things I do is look and find the Exits in the place. Maybe im just paranoid...

Back
Top Bottom