• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT Car peeps......Is this week the best time to buy a new car?

Ford or Chevy?

• Stick with Ford.....

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Cross over and buy a Chevy....

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • Don't buy anything, keep what you got...

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Just go eat a bunch of tacos...

Votes: 13 28.9%

• Total voters

Tactical Beaver

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Hop in, no time to explain...
71   0
Reaction score
So I'm sick and tired of dumping money into my 2013 Ford Explorer for stupid ****. I really do love my Explorer, but I think I bought a runt. I've had to fix a lot of stupid things the last 4 years. To name a few, the drive train went out, Bluetooth/radio stops working sporadically, wind shield wipers have been fixed 3 times, ect, ect....I think I'm having some major electrical issues with it now. Little things like the remote start and push button start works sometimes and then doesn't; the auto unlock/lock works on/off; the wind shield wipers keep going out; I've changed the battery 4 times in the last 4 years....I'm tired of it and thinking about taking advantage of some of these great year end deals. I'm looking at trading up my Ford Explorer for either a newer one (I really do love the Explorers and think mine is a runt), a Tahoe, or a truck; F-150 or 1500 Z71.

What are your thoughts?

It's definitely a good week to buy, especially if what you want still has some 2017 models available. No dealer wants to pay inventory tax on anything much less last year's models. That of course doesn't even count quarter end and year end volume rebates they are shooting for. Just be willing to walk away.

It's definitely a good week to buy, especially if what you want still has some 2017 models available. No dealer wants to pay inventory tax on anything much less last year's models. That of course doesn't even count quarter end and year end volume rebates they are shooting for. Just be willing to walk away.

I would like a truck and would buy one, but I certainly don't need one. I would have no problem walking away.

Check out the truck threads if you really want a truck. I have a 15 f150. I love it and only had one issue - cuz it sat on the lot for half a year. My next one will probably be a tundra...

I'd go with a new explorer. You definitely got a runt. I've had 6-8 friends now who have bought explorers in the last 3 years and they all love them.

I expect Kia to DUMP in March...

They have over a year in inventory nationwide at West Point...

I'm not saying to get one, I'm just saying they have so much inventory I could see $12k brand new rides at dealerships soon.

I've had three of the new body style sierras and I have been happy with all of them. Gmc/ chevy usually run a 20% off sale at least once a year. You are basically negotiating just the trade in at that point. My $0.02 worth.

Imho you got more than you paid for it.

Good luck. All the features on the new cars and trucks are nice until you have electrical problem.

Back
Top Bottom