• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT / CMP Range Invasion-**POSTPONED***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in, and maybe Ms AC. Still cant decide what to bring, but i've promised to let some folks shoot the svt40 and 1895 winchester in '54r. Need to shoot my K31s. Would like to shoot the broomhandle mauser outdoors. Don't think i'll get my form 20 back in time to take the Uzi across state lines.

Decisions....decisions....

In for sure, dragging the wife out with me.

I guess I might as well bring some pistols with me since we'll be out there. Still no idea what I am bringing, but at least half of it will be stuff that I've never shot before.

Me too. I'm a new collector, bought a lot, and have waited to shoot knowing I need to clean them up afterwards. If y'all can offer me tips, I'd be grateful. I'm all about learning and taking care of these valuables.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Me too. I'm a new collector, bought a lot, and have waited to shoot knowing I need to clean them up afterwards. If y'all can offer me tips, I'd be grateful. I'm all about learning and taking care of these valuables.

Well people do a bunch of weird things but just a normal scrubbing and oiling has always done me right. But with that said this will be a three hour drive back and a possible over night wait before I clean mine so some of those weird things I might try like Windex.

Well people do a bunch of weird things but just a normal scrubbing and oiling has always done me right. But with that said this will be a three hour drive back and a possible over night wait before I clean mine so some of those weird things I might try like Windex.

I have a shooting buddy who uses windex. He liked it for cosmoline removal too.

I shoot a fair amount of corrosive ammo and all i've ever used is Hoppes #9. A couple of saturated swabs down the bore, spray the bolt head and chamber/mag lips, then regular cleaning and oil. My stuff is very clean too....never had any rust or corrosion issues at all.

I shoot a fair amount of corrosive ammo and all i've ever used is Hoppes #9. A couple of saturated swabs down the bore, spray the bolt head and chamber/mag lips, then regular cleaning and oil. My stuff is very clean too....never had any rust or corrosion issues at all.

Could we do one clean up together so I can learn the best way?

Could we do one clean up together so I can learn the best way?

My pleasure sir.

image.jpeg

When I get a new milsurplus first thing I do is a thorough cleaning. Unless it is a Mas 49. After that I do the same as alleycat alleycat . YouTube has everything you need for field stripping, cleaning, lubricating, etc.
Going to the range tomorrow, I hope, to test the mas.

You know, that's a really good point. Our stuff may be easier to clean because deep clean 'em when we first get them, then we keep it that way. I clean every weapon after every trip myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom