• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT / CMP Range Invasion-**POSTPONED***

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, that's a really good point. Our stuff may be easier to clean because deep clean 'em when we first get them, then we keep it that way. I clean every weapon after every trip myself
it does work miracles for keeping the bigger mil-surps clean, the first cleaning is hard and then it's just a little wiping and cleaning the barrel rifling

but I do miss cleaning the old cosmoline off the mosins bought out of the crates

You know, that's a really good point. Our stuff may be easier to clean because deep clean 'em when we first get them, then we keep it that way. I clean every weapon after every trip myself

I need to learn all the above. I think if y'all can get me over my fear of how to handle them, then I can go from there. Anything you're willing to teach me would be great.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I need to learn all the above. I think if y'all can get me over my fear of how to handle them, then I can go from there. Anything your willing to teach me would be great
I live in L-ville. You are welcome to come over to my mad house for milsurplus cleaning therapy.

My wife has an electric kettle to boil water for tea/oatmeal/whatever.

Does a great job down the bore to wash out the corrosive salts and then regular cleaning is easier 'cause the barrel is so hot.

Used a Windex/Simple Green mixture before that...I think the Windex thing is an ol' wives' tale - all you really need is water. Hot water preferred but certainly not required.

it does work miracles for keeping the bigger mil-surps clean, the first cleaning is hard and then it's just a little wiping and cleaning the barrel rifling

but I do miss cleaning the old cosmoline off the mosins bought out of the crates

I have a Yugo SKS very heavily covered in cosmoline. Cleaning the area where that floating firing pin is seems challenging doing it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom