• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

ODT Members Taking advantage when overpricing GUNS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I had been paying attention a while ago... I could have been taken advantage of and paid $300 for a 12 gauge Mossberg Tactical Mariner.

actually i work at the gun shop for fun because its a hobby of mine. I enjoy dealing with people and guns. i work a few days a week otherwise i sit around the house and do nuthing and play video games not fun. In the past 6 months ive fought in Thailand and at Madison square garden. This is a childish post and i was under the impression by your pm that you really didnt mean the whole 500 dollar thing when i asked you to please keep that off my post. Google Warren Thompson ive made it alot farther than you ever have in anything pal. Thank you for starting a totally irrelevant post and being a keyboard badass. good day all

Its funny you post all of my post after your initial email. my first email said please keep your rude comments to yourself. I didnt say you where smoking anything until the second email. Now knowing that you have ptsd or whatever you said caused you to snap on my post i will never sell you a gun anyways. God only knows what this guy actually is on its kinda sad. really a 625 dollar Ruger 1911 is that much of a bad deal????????????????????? i will ban myself holy crap

I have not read all 19 pages so if this has been aired I am sorry.

I have a different view, they are MY guns and I can ask whatever I want for them. If I want to give them away or ask ten times the value. If they don't sell then fine. The other guy can set his price, I can laugh and go to the next ad, make an offer, pay up or shut up.

As far as the "Blue Book" by the time it is printed many (not all) of the prices are out of date or do not take into consideration what the market desires or calls for. When someone tells me what the Blue Book says my gun is worth ??? then my response is buy it from the Blue Book. They may not like their gun as much as I like mine. I go into stores and read ads all the time and I say they are running a gun museum in that it will sit there on the shelf or they fell and bumped their head. But, the price is theirs to set, it is my choice to pay, do without or move on.

I am sure people say that about me (price things out of sight) but go back to my first statement, it is MY gun/ammo/junk.

In the case of flippers my answer is "dang" I can not believe someone would pay that. I have been a hoarder for about 20 years, if someone wants to pay me alot for something that I have then that is their choice. If I see a heckva of a deal and buy something to make a dollar on it later, I hold no hard feelings about someone that beats me to the deal. Timing is Everything or Location, Location, Location.

Thanks for the rant

Heck i just saw this. he emailed me today and wanted to pay the 625. Mentally insane and I did tell him that but its obvious he is everywhere here man. Ive been on here two years never had an issue with anyone till this fruit loop. Embarasing this is exactly why they shut down the GON years back. Only makes me angry bc he turns it personal so heck i admit i did back. Im no angel in this I know but all i asked him in the initial email was to keep his comments to himself and he needs to be respectful.

i feel bad about it tho the guy obviously badly needs help man badly. to be straight going back and forth rudely to hey my ptsd was acting up i really want to buy the gun.

Its kinda disheartening and annoying when i sold my para for a reasonable price just to see it back on here for more than its worth.....anyone have that happen to them?

Warrent,

I was waiting to see how low you would step to make yourself what you think is the better man. I made you an offer of 500 on a gun your reduced I think the next day, then got jacked around by a few more kickers and then you sold the gun. I think it ended up being a a 125 real difference WOW what a low ball offer. Great for you,
But remember this my fellow fighter, I myself was a fighter back in the day and would never stoop as low as you have to post some thing like hear say comments to enhance your condition of making the first stupid comment. War was not created by me nor was it ended by me, but to give youngsters like you a chance to grow up and try and be a man to make people think you look like the outstanding man of the thread in this manner clearly show you've not made it to that belt yet.( Maybe Green Belt) I made it in 1977 way beyond that and still learning from my mistakes today and proud to do so.. And dealt with a lot of BBB like you that learned the lesson the hard way.

Were you ever in the service, did you serve your country in any way other that to think your the big fighter your most likely not. I've been to the Gym you work at and I've spoken to all owners about who the real fighters are. I don't think you were on that list which only leaves me to believe that your ability to win a war of anything with your unfounded and non documented facts of claims could be a bit far fetched .If your such a bad ass fighter, I'll be glad to come and discuss this matter with you. But you want me to come to the GYM and start asking who is that Warrent guy on the OTD forum. Put a face with your mouth and see how dam tough you really are. By the way I don't have PTSD and I through that out there just to see how long it would take you to be disrespectful to every veteran in the United States of America. Anyway just because you have a veteran that has PTSD does not disqualify you from owning a gun. You may be a fighter and you may be a decent guy, but I can clearly see that you are far from being a real man when you can't see the wool being pulled over your eyes. Your were a pigeon in a thread and you lost the fight. Be careful in your travels because you never know when another pigeon with the last note may come buy and deliver to you so quickly that you want have time to realize your out for the count 123 .

Don't be sorry for me, I own 2 solid companies that deal with the military and LEO sectors in many states, if I was the nut you want to portray me to be, this business would not operate. Camp Pendleton Marine base trained several thousand marines last year and I wonder how you would fair to the lowest man on the pole.

Just because your in shape and you can fight does not mean a heck of a lot when it comes to unforeseen measures of skills that renders one helpless with one action.
If you know anything you should know this as a fact and as you told me in your comment,it's not at all a threat just reality of real world conditions that can take place at any moment.
Sleep well and enjoy each day as you learn how to be a man.

God Bless you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom