• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT NFA tracker thread

Trying to figuire out why a Trust background check would take longer than an individual background check ? If I'm just stupid and fail to see the reason please feel free to slam me as I would deserve it !

I think it is the reading of the trust that takes longer. If you look at my first sheet you would think there are 3 responsible persons. I only submitted my picture and fingerprints. If you read page 12 or whatever it is you would see the other 2 are only responsible if I die. Some trusts have done ammendment's to make them that way. So you have to read the original then the ammendment, yada yada yada. Them trying to figure all that out is what I THINK is causing the delay !!!!!

I think it is the reading of the trust that takes longer. If you look at my first sheet you would think there are 3 responsible persons. I only submitted my picture and fingerprints. If you read page 12 or whatever it is you would see the other 2 are only responsible if I die. Some trusts have done ammendment's to make them that way. So you have to read the original then the ammendment, yada yada yada. Them trying to figure all that out is what I THINK is causing the delay !!!!!
Could be I personally think it's inefficiency. I'm seeing individuals coming filed months after trusts. I thought they were processed in the order received A friend filed individual 13 weeks after me and got his last week !

Trying to figuire out why a Trust background check would take longer than an individual background check ? If I'm just stupid and fail to see the reason please feel free to slam me as I would deserve it !

Because now they are running background checks on everyone in the trust.

Although my trust lawyer supplied with my trust an amendment form that you send in with each application that says that every beneficiary is removed from the trust during the time of application. That supposedly makes it so that they only have to run the background check on me, and then I can shred the amendment and go back to how it was set up.

Hopefully it works, I guess I'll find out next year....

Could be I personally think it's inefficiency. I'm seeing individuals coming filed months after trusts. I thought they were processed in the order received A friend filed individual 13 weeks after me and got his last week !

It's getting extremely frustrating looking at the graph now. Individual filed Form 1 and Form 4's are showing 04/17 pending dates getting approved, the sub 180 day mark. Trust filers are still 08/17 with one 09/17 approval. I don't know anything about anything, but it appears to be a pretty strong discrimination toward trust filers. If things are backing up that bad, they need to allocate resources from the individual stack over to the trust stack. We're talking 6+ month descrepency.

Once all the trustees are entered in then hopefully from then on the NFA barcode process makes it easy breezy !

c78f133d80c0cd9f66a013f6f4d3885a.png

Because now they are running background checks on everyone in the trust.

Although my trust lawyer supplied with my trust an amendment form that you send in with each application that says that every beneficiary is removed from the trust during the time of application. That supposedly makes it so that they only have to run the background check on me, and then I can shred the amendment and go back to how it was set up.

Hopefully it works, I guess I'll find out next year....
Did that with all of mine !

Back
Top Bottom