• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

ODT NFA tracker thread

Form 4 Trust - Suppressor
Kiosk May 20, 2017
Credit Card charged May 22, 2017
Stamp Approved Feb. 7, 2018
Received Feb. 20, 2018
9 months to the day. Wait times are getting better, but, 9 months is still stupid.
Mine was a trust , form 4 kiosk. Charged on the .24 of may 2017
So hopefully soon then!!

So here’s a little knowledge for you guys straight out of the BATFE NFA division supervisors mouth. If you’ve ever been arrested (not convicted simply arrested) you will be a mandatory delay and the BATFE (upon approval of your correct paperwork) will push your background check to the FBI to look into/scrutinize further. If you have never been in handcuffs in your whole life (Nolo counts, firsts offenders, not guilty verdicts ALL arrests matter) you are considered an “automatic proceed” and after BATFE portion are issued your stamp.

Gentleman getting stamps back between 6-9 months, you’ve lived a good life!
Gentleman who have had the iron slapped on them (even as juveniles) you’re on a delay if you’re still waiting.

Currently due to the rush pre/post 41p/f submissions the FBI is backlogged heavily with “delays” these aren’t denials, just a we need to double check that your arrest/s don’t prohibit you from owning the item.
The supervisor stated the FBI has hired around 50 additional agents to process these delays but an example is this-

Stamp pending for Mar 6 2017
BATFE paperwork approved Dec 6 2017
Background check delayed to FBI dec 7 17
Awaiting background check feb 22 2018

Approved background check ?
Stamp mailed ?
Stamp received ?

Just a heads up to some guys waiting longer than others. I’m a delay from a jouvenile “group arrest” in which I was taken to jail, released for court, then found “not guilty” with about 7 other kids. Think house party haha, regardless because I was processed even as a jouvenile I am a forever automatic delay. This being said I own 3 NFA items already and have always been approved, just the delays used to not take an additional 2-3 months due to the new backlog

I have an honorable discharge
I held a secret clearance
I have had 3 GWCL renewals
I have had 3 Tax Stamps approved

None of these matter, just them arrests!

Back
Top Bottom