• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT NFA tracker thread

I wrote both of my Senators and asked them to make an inquiry regarding my Form 4 transfer application that is in the queue. 3 days later I received a call from each of their offices requesting additional info.

I voiced my concerns over the facts
  • ATF has added additional inspectors yet the lead time has gone up substantially over the last year
  • I already have a history of approved background checks
    • Current GWL
    • Current Global Trusted Traveller
    • 3 previous approved Form 4 applications.
I'll update the group and let you know if anything happens...

Form: 4
Weapon type: Suppressor
Trust: No
Mail date: 19 June 19
CC Charged: 17 July 19
pending:
received:
Dang gun shop guy wrote down my CC number incorrectly so it took a month to pay for the stamp.

Omega 45k
4DE9A399-DE61-41C2-B670-5FA331747CC4.jpeg

I wrote both of my Senators and asked them to make an inquiry regarding my Form 4 transfer application that is in the queue. 3 days later I received a call from each of their offices requesting additional info.

• ATF has added additional inspectors yet the lead time has gone up substantially over the last year
    • Current GWL

Interested to hear how it goes for you. I have the same credentials with a few more stamps under the belt. All we (my senator's aide and I) are getting back from the ATF is "We're working on it", after the preliminary "but the government shutdown" "but the overwhelming number of applications" "but 9-12 months is normal".

Here is the ATF answer to the inquiry from Senator Isakson regarding my Form 4 transfer application.

Dear Ms. xxxx,

ATF has and will expeditiously continue to process these applications to reduce any existing backlog. An unperfected ATF Form 4 that needs corrections will take longer than 10 months to process. In fiscal year 2007, ATF processed nearly 66,736 NFA applications. In 2016, ATF received more than 379,410 applications, in 2017 ATF received 386,210 applications, and in 2018 ATF received 339,278 applications.

We received Mr. Xxxxx’s application on January 10, 2019. His application is still within our 10 month processing window and remains under agency review at this time. If you have any additional questions please let me know.

Best regards,

Legislative Affairs Division

Office of Public and Governmental Affairs

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

• Current GWL
I'm starting to get the idea that playing the "I'm gonna call my congressman" card isn't as effective as it once was.

I'm starting to get the idea that playing the congressman card isn't as effective as it once was.

It depends on their power. Who sits on what committee, who they know, and how much they can **** them over. I worked for the state government in the senate mostly, seen it all the time.

Back
Top Bottom