Submitted to Silencer Shop 9/30/18
DocU Signed 10/1/18
Mailed 10/2/18
Check Cashed 10/22/2018
Pending 10/24/2018
Approved 6/28/2019
In hand 7/8/2019
249 days

I know someone at 15 months on a form 4.
Rediculous
So who do I call?
Go to your congressman's web page and send them a message. They should have a casework authorization form. It asks for some of your info and what problem you're having. It's giving them permission to contact ATF on your behalf. It took me over 14 months from the time my check was cashed for the form 4 individual. I can't be sure if contacting my congressman helped but it didn't hurt. I think when they contact ATF suddenly your packet gets brought to the top of the pile and then ATF contacts FBI and pushes for the background check to be completed. That seems to be the bottleneck. Mine was waiting FBI background check from mid June 2018 until late February 2019.

Go to your congressman's web page and send them a message. They should have a casework authorization form. It asks for some of your info and what problem you're having. It's giving them permission to contact ATF on your behalf. It took me over 14 months from the time my check was cashed for the form 4 individual. I can't be sure if contacting my congressman helped but it didn't hurt. I think when they contact ATF suddenly your packet gets brought to the top of the pile and then ATF contacts FBI and pushes for the background check to be completed. That seems to be the bottleneck. Mine was waiting FBI background check from mid June 2018 until late February 2019.

I wrote both Senators and with in 2 weeks it was approved.

I contacted my congressman back in February, and I'm still waiting on approval. That said, the congressional aide keeps pinging the ATF/FBI on a monthly basis and provides me updates. Basically the ATF keeps saying "We're working on it."

Back
Top Bottom