• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT selling/trading slowing down

By the same token nobody wants to sell a gun at pawn shop prices, either. That said, there are other signs of unreasonably price guns: $1000 stippled Glocks, $1000 "rare" SKSs. Old M1 Carbine and Garands with mismatched wood and parts, no performance statistics given, (i.e., no mensuration data) all expecting near $1000 or over. And Umpty million versions of AR uppers and lowers all paired differently with operator add-ons that most people don't share the same vision with the "maker/seller" like fake "battle worn" color swiping (to look like wear).

In short, they're all "tack drivers," they're "extremely rare," "unobtanium" blah, blah, blah..

As it is now, most anything S&W is gonna be put up for high dollars. That's because dealer prices have gone up a lot and the cheapies they're selling are like made of Scandium or have aluminum cylinders or other cost-reduction features.

Even still, when a good one comes up it goes slow because there are a lot of poors out there in ODT land now. Just my two cents.
Yes: many traders are having trouble making ends meet.

By the same token nobody wants to sell a gun at pawn shop prices, either. That said, there are other signs of unreasonably price guns: $1000 stippled Glocks, $1000 "rare" SKSs. Old M1 Carbine and Garands with mismatched wood and parts, no performance statistics given, (i.e., no mensuration data) all expecting near $1000 or over. And Umpty million versions of AR uppers and lowers all paired differently with operator add-ons that most people don't share the same vision with the "maker/seller" like fake "battle worn" color swiping (to look like wear).

In short, they're all "tack drivers," they're "extremely rare," "unobtanium" blah, blah, blah..

As it is now, most anything S&W is gonna be put up for high dollars. That's because dealer prices have gone up a lot and the cheapies they're selling are like made of Scandium or have aluminum cylinders or other cost-reduction features.

all the good deals are gone because the sellers put them back in their safes and hid them from us because we didn't act fast enough........most of them were one of a kind glocks and highly sought after hi point fawteys and the ever-elusive SKS paratrooper model that never saw a paratrooper and all were priced at the giveaway prices of 1000.00 up and dammit all, we missed out because we were not fast enough to jump on these give aways before the proud owners put them "back in the safe"

I think people that were interested in getting a gun or guns for self defense and the end of the world have already done so at this point.

Anything else is a hobby purchase and many have slowed those down as well.

Hell I’m buying more than ever. $3k worth of night vision shows up this afternoon
I think it was a combination of end of the world scenario and AR-15s or on the razor's edge of a possible ban. Those two scenarios is what drove up crazy number in sales of AR-15'S.

all the good deals are gone because the sellers put them back in their safes and hid them from us because we didn't act fast enough........most of them were one of a kind glocks and highly sought after hi point fawteys and the ever-elusive SKS paratrooper model that never saw a paratrooper and all were priced at the giveaway prices of 1000.00 up and dammit all, we missed out because we were not fast enough to jump on these give aways before the proud owners put them "back in the safe"
Yes but we were warned remember! " Last price drop or it's going back in the safe. ".

It seems that all the forums I look at are slow and prices are up. Makes me glad that I’m not into glocks and black rifles, it’s gotta be tough to chase the latest trends with these prices. It’s not a good time for a milsurp guy to buy anything right now either…….

Here's an excellent example. Unless you're looking for just a highly specific rifle You can go to the PSA site right now and buy a complete upper for $229. You can also buy an unassembled lower kit for $99 or the complete lower assembled for $119. That's either $348 or $328 depending on if you want to assemble the lower or not. I guarantee you if you go to the classifiers right now you will not find a PSA rifle under $500.

Back
Top Bottom