• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Officer and K9 shot in Dekalb

shootin4fun

Default rank 5000+ posts
Veritas Aequitas
187   0
Reaction score
This saddens me. Pray for and thank LEO’s everywhere. Borrowed from a LEO friend:

In Dekalb County today an officer was shot while doing the exact same thing he does day in and day out. The same thing you expect them to do.

Unfortunately tonight the Dekalb County Police officer who was shot in the head while conducting a traffic stop; has succumbed to his wounds. The suspect fled the scene and was chased by a police K9 who he also shot in the face while the dog was chasing him. Shortly after this transpired, the suspect was shot by responding Dekalb Police officers and he is now dead.

The police K9 who was shot in the face, is alert and conscious at this time at a local emergency veterinary office. The bullet entered his right eye and exited through his ear.

This is the known and accepted reality for every single officer that you see as you drive through traffic, drop your kids off at school, or see eating a meal at your favorite restaurant.

They don't choose this profession to get rich or be a bully, they choose this profession so that they can shield and protect the everyday public from the dangers and realities of life so that situations like these seem unfathomable to you. This is their reality, and the reason that they view the world in a different light than the average person.

5218F1F7-F6E4-411D-B92A-F2587C7EACB6.jpeg

I watched the procession come through Atlanta yesterday morning. Took me a minute to figure out why on ramps were getting blocked.

I think every emergency responder was lined up or pulled over for it yesterday morning.

It was nice to see the respect for the officer, it was sad that we all had a reason to do so to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom