• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OFFICIAL USA vs PORTUGAL

I would appreciate it more it it were a bracket instead of a "group". I get that the name on the front of the jersey is bigger than the one one the back but damn. Give me some drama.

An OT win or loss is drama. A tie sucks.

Oh, there is plenty of drama in group stage play, but it's not based on only one game. It's based on points so that a team doesn't go home home based on one loss (they could be having a bad day). The top two teams in each group (most points) moves on to the knockout stages, which is where you lose, you go home. It's also where there are no draws as extra time and/or penalty kicks will declare a winner that moves on.

Oh, there is plenty of drama in group stage play, but it's not based on only one game. It's based on points so that a team doesn't go home home based on one loss (they could be having a bad day). The top two teams in each group (most points) moves on to the knockout stages, which is where you lose, you go home. It's also where there are no draws as extra time and/or penalty kicks will declare a winner that moves on.
Exactly.

Well. I'm out for the night. It would be a miracle if USA nets a draw against Germany. It would be hilarious if they beat them. We'll see.

You know what might be more entertaining to watch? Someone yelling "soccer ***s!" at a bunch of rabid soccer fans. I would pay to watch that. lol

Back
Top Bottom