• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Officiating

I like how all fans are lumped into a single category. I know plenty of UGA fans and exactly zero times have any of us starting the season thinking we were going to win a National Championship. But hey, at least Tech has the triple option to look forward to and the brilliance of PJ.
Ok, I admit that lumping all UGA fans in to one category is unfair. I just did it to troll and see if anyone would read my post.

I would say give it a few days, weeks, or maybe months as well. It stings the most and is most frustrating right afterward, especially when you were right there a quarter away from the national title. I may have gotten an hour and a half sleep Monday night, totally unable to wind down. I'm gradually getting to looking forward to next year.

But football is pretty much over, I don't do well with winter and wish I could hibernate for 2 months. Come on Spring!

Stop the video at 0:06 seconds and you can see for yourself. He was definitely NOT off sides. The ball has already been hiked by the Bama center. It was a blocked punt. The officials missed several penalties that were right in front of them, especially the facemask and the hit/slap on Fromm's helmet by Bama #30.
Overall, it was a good game. UGA played a hell of a game. Bama made a good decision to change their quarterback the second half. UGA beat Bama all over the field but not on the scoreboard where it counts. Saban still has that gold horseshoe stuck up his ass. Congrats to Bama.

Go Dawgs!

Ok, I admit that lumping all UGA fans in to one category is unfair. I just did it to troll and see if anyone would read my post.

I figured it was mostly trolling, but here's how it normally goes:

We start the year being hopeful as most fans, but have a good reason to given the talent UGA has. We play a couple of cupcake teams and maybe beat an SEC school early on to get pretty high up in the rankings. We think "hey, maybe this is the year!" and inevitably lay an egg against a team like Florida and think "there's always next year".

This year was different though. We destroyed teams we'd normally lay an egg against other than the debacle at Auburn. We somehow turn it completely around and beat Auburn in the SEC Championship. We then somehow manage to beat Oklahoma in the Rose Bowl. We then have every chance to beat a good Alabama team for the Natty. Having lived thru many years of angst and "there's always next year" we see a handful of plays that quite literally could have changed the outcome. It's only natural to question that, and even our resident LSU fan points it out. He's fairly objective in this.

I figured it was mostly trolling, but here's how it normally goes:

We start the year being hopeful as most fans, but have a good reason to given the talent UGA has. We play a couple of cupcake teams and maybe beat an SEC school early on to get pretty high up in the rankings. We think "hey, maybe this is the year!" and inevitably lay an egg against a team like Florida and think "there's always next year".

This year was different though. We destroyed teams we'd normally lay an egg against other than the debacle at Auburn. We somehow turn it completely around and beat Auburn in the SEC Championship. We then somehow manage to beat Oklahoma in the Rose Bowl. We then have every chance to beat a good Alabama team for the Natty. Having lived thru many years of angst and "there's always next year" we see a handful of plays that quite literally could have changed the outcome. It's only natural to question that, and even our resident LSU fan points it out. He's fairly objective in this.
Y'all had a great season, with a phenomenal performance by a freshman QB (who is probably the best since Tarkenton). It was the best team effort by UGA I have seen in my lifetime (born in 1982). I had no dog in the fight either, but I admit my bias. I can't speak for GeauxLSU GeauxLSU , but don't kid yourself, LSU fans hate Bama too.

Stop the video at 0:06 seconds and you can see for yourself. He was definitely NOT off sides. The ball has already been hiked by the Bama center. It was a blocked punt.

I concede the best call would have been no call and the blocked punt would have stood. I can see how the referee missed it though.
14236662021317.jpg

There is one in every crowd. The ODT has RdKill RdKill Does that mean I should abandon the ODT for one bad apple. And on that note yes Nate Scarborough is dead to me now.
WTF ever...I'm a bad apple because I don't respect the Idiot In Chief? Oh wait...I forgot, he;s "like a really stable genius" lol. This time next year, he'll be impeached and heading to prison. On the upside, he won't be lonely. He'll have most of his family and friends with him. "NO COLLUSION NO COLLUSION". Notice you never hear him screaming, " NO CONSPIRACY, NO OBSTRUCTION, NO MOB TIES, NO MONEY LAUNDERING, NO TREASON, NOT BEING BLACKMAILED BY PUTIN, NOT COMPROMISED, NOT LYING". You have to know, Trump will not make it 1 minute in the hot seat with Mueller before getting caught in lies.

Dang! You were almost old enough to fight against the northern invaders.

I agree that many Dawg fans can be obnoxious, but by that reasoning you can't be a Bama fan either, you do realize that?

I really wanted to like my own post here, but you can't. I've heard this said by many different fan bases from Florida, Tennessee, Bama, Auburn, even South Carolina and Rdkill.

Back
Top Bottom